Kawhi Leonard Traded to Toronto for DeMar DeRozan

J-ALL-DAY

I am hearing yall talking about Kawhi mentioning joining Brooklyn next season. Please dont get my hopes up lol. I would LOVE for that to happen. Brooklyn will have two max slots, plus the team in general has young developing talent. I like what the FO is doing plus the coaching is good. The team competes every night despite not having a superstar. I do think Russell has potential to be a star and if RHJ can get better on the offense he has potential to be star as well. Now I really cant wait for the summer of 2019. Kawhi plus another superstar in Brooklyn sounds nice.

Ill say this about Kawhi, if he fully committed to having his best season this upcoming year the Raptors will be a threat to Boston and the 76ers to come out of the East and go to the Finals. I love Boston but people probably forgot that two seasons ago Kawhi had KD, Steph, Klay, and Draymond down by 20pts at halftime in Game 1 of the playoffs  before he got hurt. If Kawhi is a top 5 player like many people think he is, he can help lift a very good supporting cast Raptors team to the Finals in the East. But again, he has to be fully committed this season. If he is only half committed or only having a good enough season to show others he is back so he can leave and go to LA or Brooklyn and get as much money as possible thrown at him with no doubt. It is certainly going to be interesting to watch this upcoming season.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

Leonard is also from Southern California.  Also, your tax argument is valid in most cases, but not this one.  Leonard doesn't strike me as someone who cares about any of that.  He just walked away from roughly $80 million by not staying in San Antonio, so you can't really make an argument about tax money.

Also, it's been documented that Leonard drives a 1997 Blazer (or something like that) and still uses coupons when he goes out to eat.  Lol.

I didn't know this.. Point is valid 

35 minutes ago, indifference said:

King Kawhi really had KD Steph and Klay down 20 at half with LMA and company. Can’t wait till he plays with the goat and ends the GS dynasty next season.

That’s some high praise you are giving young OG but I can’t say I disagree. 

4 hours ago, mission27 said:

NBA is weird to me... 

What other sport would people be happy getting a guy on a 1 year rental when your team realistically has no chance to win?  Boston is still a much better team.

Here’s the thing unless you have the second and third best player in the nba and perhaps now this year 3 other top 20 players assuming Boogie can come back healthy if you have the best player in a series you always have a shot. 

Archived