Training Camp 2018

big_palooka

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Can we get the nickname Obi Melifon-who? going yet seeing as nobody ever sees him on the field.

Fair.  Dude hasn't done much from the sounds of it. I think he is in danger of getting cut.  Gruden loves Erik Harris.  Nelson knows the system well so he can stick as a backup. Joseph is in his put up or shut up year but not on the roster bubble. Guenther raves about Gilchrist and he can play some slot CB.  Obi is the odd man out, literally.

edit: forgot to even mention Shalom Luani

11 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He was solid corner I think the move to safety really ****ed him up 

Obi played safety in college. He wasn't a CB. Remember when the Raiders tried to make him a CBB against Tom Brady? Regardless, the only thing that's messed him up is his inability to stay on the field. 

Seems like They’re asking Penn to take a pay cut. Can’t blame them. I have said since the Raiders drafted K.Miller that Oakland is just looking for any reason to release Penn. Miller has looked better then most people expected and has been getting valuable reps every practice. Would be a risk going into the season with Miller at LT but u drafted him to do so. I also wonder if Penn does agree to take the pay cut does it come with the condition that he plays LT or do they move him to RT if they continue to see Miller improve and want him to start at LT. 

Raiders can save some money by letting Penn go that could eventually help close the deal with Mack. 

14 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Cut him and use that money on Mack. Hopefully Kolton is ready, didn't Penn get Carr hurt two years in a row

Carr didn’t need to be in the game or passing the ball when he got hurt against the Colts.  I think we were up 33-8 and he held onto the ball too long.  You can blame it on Penn, but there were many others at fault also.

Freak play against the Broncos broke his back.  QBs get sacked or hit all the time and usually don’t break bones in their back.  If you want to get rid of Penn great, but don’t look for ridiculous reasons to feed your narrative.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Obi played safety in college. He wasn't a CB. Remember when the Raiders tried to make him a CBB against Tom Brady? Regardless, the only thing that's messed him up is his inability to stay on the field. 

I just went back and looked up you’re right.

Archived