Training Camp 2018

big_palooka

7 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Nope! They wanted him and said he was the best LT in the draft, coach him up and hopefully he can get it done.

Idk dude, I dont trust him. If Key is whooping him and thats just practice then.....

6 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I must admit your avatar is just perfect!

I said the same thing lmao

11 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He could be the best left tackle in the last two drafts and still not be better than Penn. If you're not trolling, this is honestly one of the worst suggestions I've ever heard of on this forum.

Penn is just a journey man who had two good years at the end of his career.

Miller is just incredibly athletic, give him some time and he’ll be a top LT in the NFL

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Miller is just incredibly athletic, give him some time and he’ll be a top LT in the NFL

Journey man? He started his career in Tampa in 2006 and signed with Oakland after being released in 2014. He's been one of the most consistent tackles in the game for a decade. Has made 3 pro bowls in his career. 

Just because Miller is athletic, doesn't guarantee him success. A lot of athletic tackles fall flat in the pros. 

18 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Nope! They wanted him and said he was the best LT in the draft, coach him up and hopefully he can get it done.

What was they suppose to say after they drafted him? He was our 2nd ir 3rd choice but we needed a tackle so we had to take him. Them saying he was best LT in draft should have no barring on if miller should start at LT this year or not. Thats just post draft talk. 

He started his career in Minnesota where he was released then picked up by Tampa Bay  where he  played for 7 years and was released again.  The Raiders signed him for a two year deal for 9.6 million . In 2013 Penn was raked by PFF as the 38th OT. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Journey man? He started his career in Tampa in 2006 and signed with Oakland after being released in 2014. He's been one of the most consistent tackles in the game for a decade. Has made 3 pro bowls in his career. 

Just because Miller is athletic, doesn't guarantee him success. A lot of athletic tackles fall flat in the pros. 

Was Miller over drafted sure but not by much, he’s a solid first round OT prospect he's not a scrub.

3 hours ago, dante9876 said:

What was they suppose to say after they drafted him? He was our 2nd ir 3rd choice but we needed a tackle so we had to take him. Them saying he was best LT in draft should have no barring on if miller should start at LT this year or not. Thats just post draft talk. 

And let's not forget they wanted McGlinchey who went right before they picked 

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He started his career in Minnesota where he was released then picked up by Tampa Bay  where he  played for 7 years and was released again.  The Raiders signed him for a two year deal for 9.6 million . In 2013 Penn was raked by PFF as the 38th OT. 

He was an URFA who went to camp with Minnesota and was signed to the Bucs roster. Nothing you're saying supports you "journey man" label.

He's played in 174 games. Started 170 at LT.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

He was an URFA who went to camp with Minnesota and was signed to the Bucs roster. Nothing you're saying supports you "journey man" label.

He's played in 174 games. Started 170 at LT.

The funny part is, he was cut in 2013 after that year. Last year, he was PFF's 12th best tackle in a down year. That includes left and right. The year before, 12th among all tackles. He had the 5th best pass blocking efficiency that year. In 2015, he was 8th best.

The dude is a good player. How are people seriously trying to discredit him? If Penn went down today, I'd say our season was in serious jeopardy.

9 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

There's so much wrong with this take I don't know where to start. If you think he's only had 2 good years, you're crazy. He was good last year too.

50 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The funny part is, he was cut in 2013 after that year. Last year, he was PFF's 12th best tackle in a down year. That includes left and right. The year before, 12th among all tackles. He had the 5th best pass blocking efficiency that year. In 2015, he was 8th best.

The dude is a good player. How are people seriously trying to discredit him? If Penn went down today, I'd say our season was in serious jeopardy.

Take a way his last two years and his career was good just nothing great.

If Penn went down we would have a hard time replacing him at RT.

Archived