Training Camp 2018

big_palooka

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I trust Guenther and his defensive staff. Personally, never thought much of Joseph. He's a mismatch with TEs and literally hasn't made a single play since coming into the league that stands out.

Same. I liked Joseph coming out....but as a 2nd or 3rd rounder. He really hasn't done much. Although its not like our defensive coaching has helped our causes with almost anyone. Guenther & Co, I trust. Its a new scheme and we need to play the players we have that excel in it.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Anyone been completely underwhelmed by Townsend? I can't believe they drafted him in round 5. He looks like a dime a dozen FA punter. 

He's a roster lock, but should he be?

I really don’t know if 3 games are enough to make a judgment either way. 

1 hour ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

I really don’t know if 3 games are enough to make a judgment either way. 

I'll agree to that, but his leg looks pretty below average. Going to have to get used to more directional punting and being on the lower end of average. Just don't see anything worth a 5th round pick. Especially when comparing to Dickson who is a monster and was also drafted in round 5.

How much time was Bryant out there Friday? Missed some early stuff bc I was working my side gig. Don’t see why we don’t just roll with him outside and either coop or Jordy in the slot in three wide sets. I don’t mind Roberts as a fourth receiver. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

5th round pick for him. Not horrible. 

I don't like keeping Dwayne Harris over him personally. I like the younger upside. You know who Harris is. 

Switzer letting that punt go over his in midfield and Harris kick return albeit called back probably sealed the deal tbh.

On 8/27/2018 at 9:15 AM, big_palooka said:

Anyone been completely underwhelmed by Townsend? I can't believe they drafted him in round 5. He looks like a dime a dozen FA punter. 

He's a roster lock, but should he be?

He was #40 in average and #27 in net average punting during the preseason. Dude is below average and will likely cost us big time this year. 

Archived