Training Camp 2018

big_palooka

1 hour ago, Rolni said:

I love Mack, don't get me wrong here, but just for the sake of argument:

We had 1 strong rookie year and 3 dominant years from Mack so far and we had 4 historically bad years defensively overall during that stretch.

Obviously Mack is a great player, one of the best DL player in today's NFL and I wanna see him in S&B, but how big a difference can he make?

How much worse could we have been without him?

How much better can we be without him, but with PG at the helm?

Can we be a TOP10 unit with him in PG's scheme?

What do you think?

well for one, that 12-4 season (12-3before Carrs injury) probably would have been a 9-7 type season. Mack was closing out games for us, when teams had no choice but to pass, Mack was a monster. 5 forced fumbles, and IIRC, 3 were in the closing minutes. 

last year, teams could run and sure maybe he doesnt make a ton of difference, but when the Raiders are playing well, he dominates. 

Mack is a difference maker. teams try to run away from him and double and triple him. issue was he had little to no help in middle and defensive schemes were trash.  this year bet we have as many int by week three we had by week 14. 

12 hours ago, Totty said:

I know he hasn't played a game yet, but do you think the success (in camp) of Key is giving Reggie leverage with Mack?

Don't get me wrong..I want Mack back.  But I just wonder how much that plays into it? 

Yea, Key is having a great camp and looking like the first round pick he was previously pegged for. What I wouldn't give for a Watt+Clowney like combo...... One can only hope. 

4 hours ago, roi34 said:

Mack is a difference maker. teams try to run away from him and double and triple him. issue was he had little to no help in middle and defensive schemes were trash.  this year bet we have as many int by week three we had by week 14. 

Yes, when he's doubled and even tripled is when the other players have to take advantage, if he's gone then who do we have that would demand doubles? We simply need an interior push like BP said then Mak will make an even bigger impact, this is about the rest of the defense Mack is doing his job extremely well. OK just for curiosity what does anybody think we could get for him? A top 5 first rounder, a solid vet and money? 

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

Yea, Key is having a great camp and looking like the first round pick he was previously pegged for. What I wouldn't give for a Watt+Clowney like combo...... One can only hope. 

Irvin sounding like the man, Key might be what Aldon was suppose to be, man just missing that Mack man

18 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Kayvon Webster - started for a playoff team the Rams last year,  only 27

Delvin Breaux

Bashaud Breeland

Jeremy Lane

Pacman Jones

Sterling Moore

I'm already getting nightmares of Dexter McDonald, Wright and Leon Hall starting for us in 2018

Lets talk hall of fame:

• I didn't realize, but Lynch getting close to being a Hall of famer
  • 10,000 rush yards 81 tds average 4.3 lead a team to a title, and 2 SB berths one of the best from his era
  • I think if he gets 12,000-13,000 yards and 100 Touchdowns will get him in
  • Mack has had 4 hall of fame type years, halfway to a hall of fame career. another monster 4 years and he is in(pay the man)

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Jaylen Ware is said to be turning some heads at the tackle spot..getting a pat on the butt from Cable during 1 on 1 drills

He stood up Calhoun in 1 on 1's. Hardly a head turner. Don't add narrative to one training camp tweet. Literally last practice someone tweeted that he's been unnoticed all camp and not standing out. 

Archived