Training Camp 2018

big_palooka

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I see what you're saying NB but there's paying Mack what he's worth and there's paying what his agent thinks he can get away with................2 totally different things. I'm not saying we shouldn't pay Mack what he's worth - and we don't know if or what we've even offered yet but the consensus here just seem to be "just pay the man and get it over with" line of thinking which I think is very dangerous long term and could hamstring us. I trust Reggie to get this worked out and fair to both parties, I think it'll just take a little time. 

True, but I think in this case the lines are very blurred. It probably sounded like I was jumping down your throat, I wasn't.  I think a better way to say it is if you're going to get paid a record dollar amount, more than anyone else..... there is no precedent in place to refer in order to figure out a fair contract. If that is the case, then 'too much' or 'what he's worth' doesn't really have a definition until after his or Donald's deal gets done. Unless Aaron Donald gets paid first. Suh's deal was too long ago to be relevant (dollar for dollar).

Even better would be if the Rams pay Donald, then we have a concrete number to refer to and all this negotiating just goes out the window. 

Paul Gutierrez report:

Raiders Camp Day 11 Play of the Day: Derek Carr still has yet to throw an interception in nine training camp practices, but rookie defensive tackle Maurice Hurst almost got him on Monday. It was in 11-on-11 team drills when the 6-foot-1, 291-pound Hurst showed his athleticism by leaping high at the line of scrimmage and batting Carr's pass. The ball hit Hurst in the chest and he nearly corralled it before it bounced away for an incompletion.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/oak/

Archived