Revis retires!!!

Bobby816

Revis has announced his retirement this morning.

I was a big Revis fan for years. But the way he handled his situation with us the 1st go around made me sour to him. And then just the pure lack of effort his second stint solidified my opinion of him as a person.

I will never question his talent. He was a great CB in an era that it was very hard to be elite at. From a pure skill set for their position... he might be the best player at his trade that we’ve ever had.

The greatest cover corner that I've ever seen, that 2009 campaign was arguably the greatest defensive season I've ever seen from a player. If this was any other sport aside from football I would've soured on the way that Revis handled the business side, but he gets a pass from me. He without a doubt goes into the Jets ring of honor and will be a Hall of Famer easily.

Best CB in the 2000's by far. I hated his attitude with the me first and I want 20 mill as a CB thing. If he really worked as hard as he could he still be in the NFL. He will be in the ring of honor and a first ballet HOF but his attitude left a sour taste in jets fans mouth. I still think Curtis Martin is the best jet of all time. 

During the Rex years he was the most dominant defender in the NFL. 

He legit shut down Megatron, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Marshall among many others just week after week. It was insane. 

Such a shame he will be remembered by a lot of fans for his contract renewal drama and of course signing for the enemy. I will always be such a fan of his talent but the holdouts did sour his overall impression on me. 

On a side note....Is anyone else shocked how his play just completely fell off?? I mean he’s still ONLY 33. Which in today’s sport is still very young. I know he had some injuries but hasn’t everyone? His game was never purely based on athleticism either like a lot of players. I was certain he would still be going strong well into his thirties. 

Archived