The Eagles’ Brotherhood of Blockers: SI Article/Video

Kiltman

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/07/18/philadelphia-eagles-offensive-line

eagles-oline-1300-full.jpg&w=800&q=85

Inside Chickie and Pete’s, a sports tavern near the Eagles’ practice facility, the table shakes with laughter. Kelce is telling the truth. Every O-lineman must possess some combo of meaty muscles and twinkle toes to thrive in the NFL trenches. Thick skin is a prerequisite too—especially in Philadelphia, where egos are pancaked like opposing pass rushers during weekly film sessions that serve as comedy roasts. Told You So Tuesdays—that’s what the linemen call the meetings led by coach Jeff Stoutland. “F---, the NFL is such a stressful environment, you have to have laughter with the pain,” says Johnson. “If you don’t, you’re going to go crazy.”

It’s another Tuesday now, three months after Super Bowl LII, and the Eagles’ suddenly famous offensive line is gathered inside a private room: the five starters from their 41–33 win over the Patriots—left tackle Halapoulivaati Vaitai, left guard Stefen Wisniewski, center Jason Kelce, right guard Brandon Brooks, right tackle Lane Johnson—plus captain and left tackle Jason Peters, who missed the game with an injury. It’s a familiar gathering, save for the location. Most often the group dines downtown at Del Frisco’s Steak House, where their standard order of shared appetizers includes two tuna tartars, three fried calamaris, three cheesesteak dumplings, three lobster mac and cheeses, two creamed corns, three château mashed potatoes, two asparaguses, several shrimp cocktails and (sometimes) one seafood tower. After that, everyone digs into either a 22-ounce prime rib eye or a 32-ounce tomahawk—everyone, that is, except Wisniewski, who’s been known to house both. con't

Have to subscribe for the video, though there is a 7 day free trial

01RPlrn.png

10 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

i like that every one groaned like even the players talk about it all the time and not just us 

I refuse to believe they call him anything other than Nicky Nine Inch in the locker room.

LANE JOHNSON: You don’t get noticed until you mess up. You can play 70 good snaps and then have a sack and, Hey, you’re terrible! Have a few more? O.K., you’re history! That’s the life we live.

KELCE: If a receiver catches two long TDs and also drops five, he had a good game. If you have one huge block and also give up a sack, you’re on a fast track out of the league.

Love these lol. It's almost like they're specifically calling ninja out. 

15 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I still call for an offical name change to The Haul

I'm not going through all that work to reprogram my brain to type in the The Haul instead of mastercheddaar. 

There would be a long period of time with much cursing and swearing until I would remember "Oh yeah I changed my username." And lets not forget all of the times I'm going to log on while drunk.  Below is a crude drawing to help illustrate by point

th?id=OIP.0kcLII1Ys3PDUSOKk7LKgwHaEo&pid=15.1&P=0&w=265&h=166

It's happy hour somewhere isn't it?

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar 

1 hour ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I'm not going through all that work to reprogram my brain to type in the The Haul instead of mastercheddaar. 

There would be a long period of time with much cursing and swearing until I would remember "Oh yeah I changed my username." And lets not forget all of the times I'm going to log on while drunk.  Below is a crude drawing to help illustrate by point

th?id=OIP.0kcLII1Ys3PDUSOKk7LKgwHaEo&pid=15.1&P=0&w=265&h=166

It's happy hour somewhere isn't it?

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar 

This is the Philly forum. We eat literal crap after winning the Super Bowl. Come hard or don't come 

Archived