Machado to the Dodgers for Yusniel Diaz + 4 Prospects

ramssuperbowl99

45 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

I'm not a huge prospect guy but that seems kind of light? Only 3 of them are ranked (Diaz, Bannon and Kremer) and the latter two were ranked 27th and 28th.

Seems like it but the Orioles had no leverage tbh.  3 month rental with seemingly very little chance of re-signing the guy, except for 1 team that wasn't willing to give a huge prospect haul and the Orioles don't want to deal with anyway. 

They should've just bit the bullet and traded him to the Yankees in January and they'd probably have Miguel Andujar and Chase Adams rn.

1 hour ago, Canadian Saint said:

I'm not a huge prospect guy but that seems kind of light? Only 3 of them are ranked (Diaz, Bannon and Kremer) and the latter two were ranked 27th and 28th.

I wouldn't have matched it from the Brewers end and we allegedly finished runner up.

9 hours ago, devils1854 said:

What an awful trade for the Orioles, but what do you expect? They took quantity and minor league production over quality. Diaz is the only one that even somewhat moves the needles.

Uh .... that seems like the going rate for a Machado type player for two and a half months. Martinez went for less last season and was a better hitter.

3 hours ago, Slateman said:

Uh .... that seems like the going rate for a Machado type player for two and a half months. Martinez went for less last season and was a better hitter.

I would agree.  Diaz is a really good prospect for 3 months of Machado.  None of the rest of that package is close to a Dustin May, so maybe that's why people are down on the deal.  

Archived