LB preview

Kiwibrown

LB's  

18 members have voted

1. 1. who has the least snaps from our big 4 LB's?

2. 2. who has the most sacks

• Collins
    • Kirksey
    • Schobert
    • kendrick
    • James Burgess Junior
  3. 3. More likely to be surprise cut?

• Collins
    • Kirksey
    • don't be stupid, both are on the team in 2018. bad question. bad. huge mistake.

Image result for Jamie Collins GIF

Image result for Jamie Collins GIF

Image result for christian kirksey GIF

Image result for mychal kendricks gif

Image result for Joe Schobert gif

we have depth. I think this is the first time where we have 4 legit starters for 3 spots since 1999. We have two pro bowlers in the group, Joe Schobert  and Jamie collins. Collins and Kendricks are both superbowl winners. Kirksey played every defensive snap last year, I thought he had an up and down year overall. Also in the LB core is James burgess Junior, or JBJ. He started 9 games for us and had 4 sacks and 70 or so tackles. He was at the lest solid for us with a few big play here and there. 

Our poll questions, who plays the least amount of snaps from our 4 stud LB's?

All of our linebackers can get to the QB, all of them having had 3+ sack seasons at some point. Who gets the most sacks in Greg Willaims Blitzing defense? James Burgess Junior love at this point. 

Both Collins and kirksey are on hefty contracts, who is more likely to be a surprise cut?

11 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I expect one to get injured, so it's just smart to have one more linebacker than we anticipate needing.

It will come in handy for our playoff run/trying to avoid some embracing record. 3 head coaches in a season or something mental. 

11 hours ago, pnies20 said:

It's pretty crowded in the LB room. Hopefully Kendricks is ok playing on passing downs or however they use him.

I don't knwo that he will be the one to be use sparingly.

Granted I think on 3rd downs we have all 4 linebackers in, but I think the one who gets far less playing time is JoeSho.

Collins is the Sam, Kendricks is a more natural WIll (and I heard the team saying that's where they are putting him) and I could see Kirksey playing the Mike as I have always thought he was best there.

I like Joe, I just don't think he is NEARLY as talented as the other 3.  I think this could be a position that he takes back one of the linebacker spots to clear salary if we get rid of Collins or don't resign Kendricks, but if everyone's on the team, I think the one who will get the least playing time is Joe.

Spot on, CBrownsman.

I saw in an earlier article elsewhere (I have to look for the link) stating that the Browns coaches think the LB Joe Schobert is one of the smartest guys on the team. In my mind, that makes him a lock for the final 53.

It was one of the biggest coaching blunders since the return when Ray Horton played Joe at OLB. Williams moved him back inside and he blossomed.

The paragraph on the Browns from the linked article:

12. Cleveland Browns

TOP THREE RUN-DEFENSE GRADES AMONG RETURNING PLAYERS:

Derrick Kindred, safety – 87.3 run-defense grade
Carl Nassib, edge defender – 84.8
Myles Garrett, edge defender – 84.8

Missed tackle % on run plays, 2017: 11.2% (13th)

Gone is Shelton, but there is still a lot of talent on the Browns defense when you look through their roster. While Garrett’s rookie campaign was limited to 518 snaps due to injury, he looked impressive against the run when he was on the field with a run-defense grade of 84.8 that was tied for 15th among edge defenders. Even better news for the Browns is that the player he was tied with at 15th, was their own in Nassib. Larry Ogunjobi was a force against the run in his first season in the league, producing a 9.5 run-stop percentage that was tied for 17th among defensive tackles, and the exact same mark produced by Shelton a year ago. At linebacker, Joe Schobert made first contact with the runner on 66 plays, more than any other defensive player in the NFL. The Browns allowed a league-best 0.88 yards before contact in 2017, and they have a shot to be just as good, if not better in 2018.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-run-defense-rankings-all-32-teams-entering-2018

13 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I expect one to get injured, so it's just smart to have one more linebacker than we anticipate needing.

having deep depth is a good thing

maybe not this year depth could be difference between making the playoffs and missing the playoffs next year

remember we get to have another off season like this then depth will really come into focus

having good good vets with years in the system may make a huge difference then

Archived