Trent Murphy Out For The Year-Torn ACL

mar29020

With Murphy out, it makes the outside linebacker corps more or less a much easier decision: Kerrigan, Smith, Anderson, and Galette. It could definitely open the door for Nico Marley, but as I said in my week 1 depth chart projection, I think Josh Harvey-Clemons could also make a push. Early returns on him make me think I was too hard on the guy when we drafted him. To be fair, the talent was always there; it was just a question whether the focus was and keeping out of trouble.

1 hour ago, mar29020 said:

This definitely puts us in a tough situation. Preston smith better show up this year and ball. Any thought which one of the undrafted guys will make the roster, maybe Nico Marely?

Good thing we drafted Ryan Anderson. If Galette can stay healthy and Preston Smith is able to go, we should be fine. This would allow for Smithson to probably make the roster. 

1 hour ago, Woz said:

With Murphy out, it makes the outside linebacker corps more or less a much easier decision: Kerrigan, Smith, Anderson, and Galette. It could definitely open the door for Nico Marley, but as I said in my week 1 depth chart projection, I think Josh Harvey-Clemons could also make a push. Early returns on him make me think I was too hard on the guy when we drafted him. To be fair, the talent was always there; it was just a question whether the focus was and keeping out of trouble.

Nico Marley is interesting but I just can't see a 5'8 200lb LB playing in the NFL. I feel like Smithson is the next on the roster spot. 

Trent Murphy was absolutely terrible save for one year where he ended up getting popped for PEDs. I feel bad for him because of the injury but I don't think he was going to be that good anyway. Galette, Anderson and Smith will be just fine. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Trent Murphy was absolutely terrible save for one year where he ended up getting popped for PEDs. I feel bad for him because of the injury but I don't think he was going to be that good anyway. Galette, Anderson and Smith will be just fine. 

wasnt last year his 2nd year though?  he has a great motor

4 hours ago, mar29020 said:
5 hours ago, mike23md said:

Nico Marley is interesting but I just can't see a 5'8 200lb LB playing in the NFL. I feel like Smithson is the next on the roster spot. 

yeah he would be eaten up by lineman

London Fletcher says hi.

8 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Um, 5'9 255...a little different that 200

*shrugs* Kid played with heart. Do I think he'll make the final roster? Not really, no. However, he's got that fire. Let's see what he can do.

Archived