Trent Murphy Out For The Year-Torn ACL

mar29020

10 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Of course they are, but players are being drastically overdrafted at this point because of the teams trying to copy the "attack" style defense that the Broncos, Texans, Seahawks and a few other teams have popularized.  It happens with different kinds of players at different position every couple seasons. 

So... when the Panthers drafted Julius Peppers they were trying to be like today's teams? How about Mario Williams going #1? I'm sorry, the speed/elite pass rusher has always been one of the top needed positions. Every team has always tried to get as much pass rush as they could. It's always been a premium position. 

The attack style defense started decades ago w/ the Giants and the way they used Lawrence Taylor, it's not a new thing. That type of player/scheme is decades old. 

Those types of players have also been overdrafted for decades. I could come up with a list of bust pass rushers that were drafted too high. Vernon Golston, Lawrence Sindbury, Larry English and Robert Ayers come to mind just real quick.

tough break for a total Redskin. Carter is my sleeper to make the roster as a beast on special teams and he can rush the passer too. Lets see what Nancy AKA Preston does this year- Im not expecting much. Gallette better stay healthy or we have a real chance of being worse on defense than even last year

5 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

tough break for a total Redskin. Carter is my sleeper to make the roster as a beast on special teams and he can rush the passer too. Lets see what Nancy AKA Preston does this year- Im not expecting much. Gallette better stay healthy or we have a real chance of being worse on defense than even last year

Not a chance we'll be worse on defense. Our DL is better, our ILBs are better thanks to Zack Brown and our secondary is improved due to signing Swearinger and the development of others young players. On top of that, we have better coaching.

Archived