Ravens Pick up Perrimans roster bonus

paraven

I wanted to make a poll for this decision. I thought this would happen. Hard to walk away from the first round investment/athletic gifts. Also his (hypothetical) skillset is unique among the group. Going to be interesting to see how the final cut downs shake out. 

He could still be cut. The 650k could just be for a longer look.

5 minutes ago, warrenblue said:

Can't disagree with the decision. 

Even Matt Elam was given 4 years to show something. Breshad at least showed flashes. Elam couldn't even tackle. 

Elam showed more than Perriman in his 2014(?) season before going down with an injury. He truly looked like a player that was turning the corner, and primarily because he was playing at the SS position around the box where he was comfortable. Then he got injured and that was it.

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

Elam showed more than Perriman in his 2014(?) season before going down with an injury. He truly looked like a player that was turning the corner, and primarily because he was playing at the SS position around the box where he was comfortable. Then he got injured and that was it.

Yea, I'm nit sure I'd it was his first year or second, but there was a brief period where Elam looked like a worthwhile pick.

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

The problem was not the position or the injury. He couldn't tackle to save his life. I still have nightmares with Amendola's TD. Both showed little to nothing, but if Elam had 4 years to show something, then Perriman deserves the shot as well. 

5 minutes ago, warrenblue said:

The problem was not the position or the injury. He couldn't tackle to save his life. I still have nightmares with Amendola's TD. Both showed little to nothing, but if Elam had 4 years to show something, then Perriman deserves the shot as well. 

In that season, he was a pretty damn solid tackler. I specifically remember the Pittsburgh game at night where he was all over the field making tackles. That's my larger point - he seemed to really be turning a corner, whereas the first couple of years he was just shoulder tackling and trying to make big hits everywhere while we played him at FS and slot CB. He couldn't cover, he couldn't play deep, and his tackling looked horrible. But in that last year, he turned it around for those first few games until his injury.

Archived