Indians acquire Brad Hand

zelbell

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I got a call today that my three year old decided he was gonna paint his hair blue and threw his art project on his head to do so. So now I have to shave his head and wash paint out of it.

But.

He's left handed.

giphy.gif

#silverlining

Dont let him throw a breaking ball until he’s shaving regularly. I’m serious.

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Will do, but I need to rework it. So many new people have been added to my I told you so you *insert site inappropriate adjective here* list.

It’s also on the old site so I have to find it in my inbox. Also long story short but I’m at the hospital right now. Just had kid #3, or as I like to call it, vasectomy time. Could take some time, but when I rework it in the fall I’ll PM you for sure, as well as @LETSGOBROWNIES and most of our Browns forum.

Haha 

giphy.gif

jk, get well soon 

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

#silverlining

Honestly I don't think a breaking ball is even necessary. 4 seem fastball, 2 seam fastball, changeup. Especially since the 2 seem with the right angle can have some significant downward movement.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

#silverlining

Do you take me for a rank amateur sir? 

I've already got his pitching regimen planned out meticulously

1Si2WhC.gif

3/4, fastball, change, always move eye level.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:
8 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I got a call today that my three year old decided he was gonna paint his hair blue and threw his art project on his head to do so. So now I have to shave his head and wash paint out of it.

But.

He's left handed.

giphy.gif

#silverlining

Good advice. 

One other piece of advice for any left hander, keep him the **** off twitter.

18 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I don’t fault him. He’s an elite catching prospect. We won’t agree here so I’m moving on.

Oh I know he is a top tier catching prospects but you should do whatever it takes to be playing in the majors. He could be starting for the Indians right now in the outfield. Maybe in a year or two he moves back to catcher when Yans contract is up or that he plays great enough that he is a young stud OF. 

It was like he rather be a catcher in the minors than at least playing in the majors and starting your clock. 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Oh I know he is a top tier catching prospects but you should do whatever it takes to be playing in the majors. He could be starting for the Indians right now in the outfield. Maybe in a year or two he moves back to catcher when Yans contract is up or that he plays great enough that he is a young stud OF. 

It was like he rather be a catcher in the minors than at least playing in the majors and starting your clock. 

There is virtually zero chance he comes to the majors in the OF and then goes back to catcher. That is far too much development time missed, especially for that position. And he is worth more as a catcher. Absolutely the right business decision, imo.

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

After seeing what happened to Swihart I wouldn't change positions just to get a few AB's in the majors either. Kid cost himself millions and millions of dollars to do that.

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Good advice. 

One other piece of advice for any left hander, keep him the **** off twitter.

Or if he’s a hot headed homophobic closer for the Braves keep him away from Sports Illustrated interviews.

In all seriousness @Thelonebillsfan, If Madison Baumgarner can win with a fastball ratio of 80% so can your 13 year old. I preach this to the kids I coach. Teach him a two seam fastball and good change up. A cut fastball is also acceptable but not necessary until high school.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Or if he’s a hot headed homophobic closer for the Braves keep him away from Sports Illustrated interviews.

In all seriousness @Thelonebillsfan, If Madison Baumgarner can win with a fastball ratio of 80% so can your 13 year old. I preach this to the kids I coach. Teach him a two seam fastball and good change up. A cut fastball is also acceptable but not necessary until high school.

tbh with lefties I like the 4-seamer better. They can't throw a straight pitch even if they wanted to, so it's not like you need more movement on it.

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Oh I know he is a top tier catching prospects but you should do whatever it takes to be playing in the majors.

When you’re ready to play and be successful while it’s in your best interests as a businessman.

He could be starting for the Indians right now in the outfield.

Best case scenario right now is as a platoon player with Naquin or as a fill in for an injured Chissenhall.

Maybe in a year or two he moves back to catcher when Yans contract is up or that he plays great enough that he is a young stud OF. 

No chance missing years or reps at such an intricate position gives him that flexibility. Zero chance.

It’s almost like he knows he’s the best prospect in the game and will get his chance to prove it, stay there, and make millions more in the long run...maybe even short run.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

tbh with lefties I like the 4-seamer better. They can't throw a straight pitch even if they wanted to, so it's not like you need more movement on it.

A four seam is super easy to learn, which is why I’d prefer teaching a two seam in middle school, so that way they learn command and develop confidence. If they have a natural 3/4 arm slot movement will come with a 4 seam regardless though, so each kid is different.

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Ehh...I actually like giving them both. It's not about more movement, it's about different. Lefty 4 seam appears to have a natural tail, but not as much downward movement. The 2 seam gives that which allows for swing and miss and ground ball rates that are really good. 4 seam for velocity and better command.

And I agree with MWil I'd always teach 4 seam first even if I intend to switch to a 2 seam. The most important thing is repeatability of motion and that is easier for the kid to learn and see with a straighter, easier-to-command pitch. 

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Thanks for having me check this out @Bonanza23....now I see why I don't bother.  A bunch of pretentious, know-it-all ball bags in here!!!!!!

giphy.gif

I think tbd is how you evaluate ALL trades....One never knows....I dig the tribe is going for it!!!!

I’d like this post but I ran out after last nights flurry. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Will do, but I need to rework it. So many new people have been added to my I told you so you *insert site inappropriate adjective here* list.

It’s also on the old site so I have to find it in my inbox. Also long story short but I’m at the hospital right now. Just had kid #3, or as I like to call it, vasectomy time. Could take some time, but when I rework it in the fall I’ll PM you for sure, as well as @LETSGOBROWNIES and most of our Browns forum.

Probably half will be picksbooger fans ?

Also congrats on the child and vasectomy!

Archived