Indians acquire Brad Hand

zelbell

Lost Mejia. That’s steep. I’m honestly not thrilled. If it fixes their pen so that they can make a legit Series run then it will be worth it, but he’s my favorite prospect in a while, and great 2 way catching prospects are unicorns.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Lost Mejia. That’s steep. I’m honestly not thrilled. If it fixes their pen so that they can make a legit Series run then it will be worth it, but he’s my favorite prospect in a while, and great 2 way catching prospects are unicorns.

100% my take. This feels like the Shark-Hammel deal the A's and Cubs did where the Cubs bundled them both for a premium prospect.

Great 2 way catching prospects of the past 10 years are Meija, Posey, Wieters, maybe Ruiz, maybe Bart, maybe Contreras, maybe Alfaro, but that's about it. They're frickin impossible to find, and even if you pick one in the 1st round it's not a guarantee. (You could also argue Wil Myers and Bryce Harper, but to me that just kind of makes my point tbh.)

EDIT: You could also argue Blake Swihart but Dave Dombrowski killed him I think.

Sucks losing Mejia, but we absolutely had to fix the bullpen if we want to make a serious run in the playoffs. We've lost countless games this season due to the bullpen effing up. The fact that they also have them under team control for the next few years makes it better. But yeah, still seems a bit steep...

Don't like this for the Indians. Hand is really good but not top 5 overall prospect good. Even with the Indians bullpen woes they would be better hoping Miller gets healthy and returns to form and adding a less sough after but still good reliever for a lesser prospect.

Mejia was blocked at C for the Indians due to the unfortunate LOVE for Roberto Perez’s game management ability & mejia never truly bought into playing Corner OF, which was his only path to the bigs currently

i can see why they made this move.....sucks losing our top prospect though.  Still thankful Lucroy blocked that trade though.

10 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Mejia was blocked at C for the Indians due to the unfortunate LOVE for Roberto Perez’s game management ability & mejia never truly bought into playing Corner OF, which was his only path to the bigs currently

i can see why they made this move.....sucks losing our top prospect though.  Still thankful Lucroy blocked that trade though.

I mean tbh they have the best catching prospect in at least 5 years, maybe 10 and they can't find a spot for him. That's really dumb.

Archived