What team that EVERYONE thinks is absolutely AWFUL right now will MAKE THE PLAYOFFS this year?

VanS

11 hours ago, VanS said:

I loved their selection of Minkah Fitzpatrick in the first round.  I believe he wins Defensive Rookie of the Year this season and immediately looks like one of the best players in the NFL.  He's that good in my eyes.

That'd be nice, but I'm not that high on any Dolphins winning individual awards, ever. 

Giants. Easily.

Last year was a year where everything that could go wrong for them did. Even if they didn't add any players and kept the same team, they'd have at least double their wins from last season just coming back again this year. 

I have them at 8-10 wins.

19 hours ago, August4th said:

Bengals? not sure if people think they are awful tho

A lot fof people do, plus the fact they play in the AFCN.  C;eveland has better odds for the ppayoffs/SB in Vegas (not suggesting that this is a great indicator, but it does reflect people's beliefs), the national media outlets have them as a 5-11 team in predictions, and heck, a few people voted them as the worst team in another thread in NFL Gen.

So yeah, a lot of people see them as awful.  As a fan, I have to disagree.

30 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

A lot fof people do, plus the fact they play in the AFCN.  C;eveland has better odds for the ppayoffs/SB in Vegas (not suggesting that this is a great indicator, but it does reflect people's beliefs), the national media outlets have them as a 5-11 team in predictions, and heck, a few people voted them as the worst team in another thread in NFL Gen.

So yeah, a lot of people see them as awful.  As a fan, I have to disagree.

The only way I’ll agree is if offensive line doesn’t get fixed

For a team that went 2-14, the Giants have a lot of offensive talent.  I had a fantasy football draft recently.  Saquon was the 5th running back selected, OBJ was the 2nd receiver selected, and Engram was the 4rth Tight end selected.  Sterling Sheppard was also drafted. The fantasy football world believes the Giants have top 5 talents at each of offensive skill positions.  They’ve rebuilt and shuffled the offensive line so that should help as well.

There is some defensive talent as well led by Landon Collins, Snacks Harrison and Janoris Jenkins.  The roster is better than last years record.  Health and coaching will ultimately decide the fate of this team.

I'll go with the Giants, if most people think they're going to be awful. I didn't think they were quite as bad as their record indicated last year, and while I thought Barkley was the wrong choice for them long-term, he'll most certainly make a big impact this season. I still doubt they make the playoffs, but I wouldn't be shocked if they were in the WC hunt. I'm not totally convinced that Washington or Dallas will be particularly good teams this year.

Chicago is another one, but I don't think people necessarily think they'll be awful. I think most people generally believe that they're a team on the upswing.

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Roster schmoster

Former Giants coach Bill Parcells:

"You are what your record says you are...."       B|

You also have to consider that this is no longer that season though. Last year things were going wrong for the Giants in every which way. To expect that to happen again this season, even with the same roster, would be foolish. When you take into account all the talent they've added through FA and the draft, they're very much potentially looking to be the most improved team this season record wise. 

2 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I would think the Seahawks, right? Everyone thinks they've completely gutted their roster and are now horrible, but the NFCW aside from the Rams (who are potentially one-hit wonders) is pretty bad.

Yes but the 49ers are projecting upwards, how much and how soon remains to be seen.
The Cardinals are ultimately an unknown. Bradford will probably get injured, and then they'll turn to Josh Rosen (who reminds me of Ryan Leaf) but he is a young talented QB none the less. 

I honestly think the Seahawks finish with somewhere between 6-8 wins. If Russel Wilson were to miss the entire season, they'd look to be a top 5 pick in the draft.

Baltimore? They’ve barely been missing the playoffs lately, but it really seems like most people think the absolute worst of their roster. 

Oakland could do it if Carr returns to 2016. Not that they’re the absolute worst either, but everyone talks about the Chargers and Chiefs.

Cincy’s an easy one. 

The Bears are picked too often to be a sleeper to actually be a sleeper IMO. 

Redskins could do it, but again, not the absolute worst. 

I think the only pick you can really make that fit the “everyone thinks they’re dogs crap but they might make th playoffs” narrative are the [insert AFCE team other than NE here] or the Browns, but even the latter are getting some hype too. I’m not so sure the horrendous teams are so clear cut this season.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Yes but the 49ers are projecting upwards, how much and how soon remains to be seen.
The Cardinals are ultimately an unknown. Bradford will probably get injured, and then they'll turn to Josh Rosen (who reminds me of Ryan Leaf) but he is a young talented QB none the less. 

I honestly think the Seahawks finish with somewhere between 6-8 wins. If Russel Wilson were to miss the entire season, they'd look to be a top 5 pick in the draft.

(honest question) when's the last time a team with a top 5 QB finished with 6-8 wins?

Archived