NFL’s New Anthem Protest Policy On Hold

fretgod99

4 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

Regardless of how you feel about anthem protests, can we all marvel at how one of the most financially successful organizations on the planet is simultaneously also one of the most mind-bogglingly incompetent institutions known to man?

I've found that making a lot of money can be done while being rather incompetent (Kylie Jenner, Floyd Mayweather, etc).

So, only marvel I'm doing is Ant Man and The Wasp tomorrow night.

Stop paying the money and playing the anthem at games. Make the military a non voluntary force so all the ones crying about showing patriotism can get a first hand look at what serving your country is really about. These college kids don't get to leave college and become millionaire. They can serve 4 years before going to a 4 year university to play football.

49 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Stop paying the money and playing the anthem at games. Make the military a non voluntary force so all the ones crying about showing patriotism can get a first hand look at what serving your country is really about. These college kids don't get to leave college and become millionaire. They can serve 4 years before going to a 4 year university to play football.

28 year old rookies? No thank you... that would severely damage the product.

Also like with the last thread... keep this about football or it will be locked (this is to everyone).

4 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

If I never have to hear about this topic again I'll be a much happier person.

Sadly, I guarantee you haven't heard the last of the anthem protest shenanigans from this guy:

Image result for Donald Trump eagles tweet

Somewhere in his echo chamber, he is NOT happy right now, and you better:

lightbox_106937_1456796596.jpg

Well yeah, no ****. They thought they could create then impose a new unilateral punishment policy without even consulting the NFLPA. This was always what was going to happen. I'm amazed it took this long and as much bad PR as the policy gave the league as it did before this happened. Doesn't even have anything to do with the "issue" at hand. Really.

25 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Well yeah, no ****. They thought they could create then impose a new unilateral punishment policy without even consulting the NFLPA. This was always what was going to happen. I'm amazed it took this long and as much bad PR as the policy gave the league as it did before this happened. Doesn't even have anything to do with the "issue" at hand. Really.

Apparently, racist Tweets are more worthy of "muh freeze peach" than protesting police brutality, massive PR ****storm be damned.

6 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Could've been easily posted in the Dolphins thread by anybody who wanted to look into the story instead of suggesting players walk out or stage a protest.

Sad!

Ravens already reported and didn’t have this included. If the Dolphins wanted to act on the policy, they had to include before camp. If they didn’t want to, they didn’t need to include anything. So it’s voluntary on their part.

Foolish to try to implement the policy in the first place. I understand wanting to appear to be taking a strong stance against employee behavior that threatens your income (and, as others have mentioned, the military's recruiting interests), but the entire thing strikes me as completely tone-deaf. Yes, the players are employees, and can be made subject to punitive measures for non-conforming behaviors outside of what falls under the umbrella of free speech, much like you can't wear your Cannibal Corpse T-shirt to your job at the bank, but coming down with hard sweeping punitive policies in the face of wide-spread employee dissatisfaction (especially in any field in the media where PR carries a high priority) is sort of like trying to fix the transmission on your car with a sledge-hammer. It's only going to make things worse.

Archived