TCMD - Forum Wide GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

15 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

What's the difference between UFA and "Scouted"?

I'm still working on the layout and design of the workbooks and how they'll be linked with other books, so keep in mind that this is a work in progress.

The Scouted option just shows the list of players that your coordinators have marked as potential targets.  I'm not certain that this is even needed but just thought if the "coordinators" were actually scouting players, that it would be a useful tool for the GM/HC to quickly view those players within the fa bidding sheet without having to go back and forth from sheet to sheet to review this.

I took a quick look and at least for the scouting part it is real easy to use. I feel this is something that when used and enjoyed can elevate the experience but on the other hand will not be used by others. If used like it is intended and such it can be really cool.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been going over some older workbooks and thinking about what would make for some useful tools to make the GM's job a little easier.  For example, when I'm discussing trades or someone drops an offer on a player that includes draft picks.  I use this sheet to calculate the value of what the offer is.  Before I would have to manually search and calculate this information to get the draft pick value (DPV).  This makes it really easy get the DPV and with the additional information about the team's trade block, I can quickly see if they've got some potential players that I might be interested in. 

The sheet needs a better design as this layout looks too cluttered for my taste, but play around with it and let me know what you think and any design suggestions is greatly appreciated.

If you can think of any additional ideas that would make your job easier please let me hear them and I'll do my best to work them into the workbook.

Sample Workbook  

• 1 month later...

I've thought about how this forum wide mock draft should be hosted and as much as I've disagreed with some of the moderators, this is a mock draft that should be managed by the mods.  Trying to run a forum wide mock draft, without their support would be a failure.  So for now, I'm just going to focus on tcmd.  As much as I hate not seeing it rolled out each year, I just can't manage back to back mocks with a limited staff.

If something changes or if the mods would like help my door is open.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Ok my team.sucks. When we starting to work on dis? 

lol...At least you aren't having to sit through while the team's newly signed GM completely destroys the team while the fans are wearing brown bags over their heads.

Gentleman is an idiot.

He made horrible decisions in free agency, has released one, maybe more, costing the team millions.

Actually, made the offensive line worse, which I thought that was impossible to do, but he managed to do it.  Which to my understanding was what he was hired to fix.

So yes, I'm ready.

On 11/12/2018 at 3:32 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

Ok my team.sucks. When we starting to work on dis? 

Ride that Super Bowl title!!!!!!   @EaglesPeteC

On 11/12/2018 at 5:50 PM, ny92mike said:

lol...At least you aren't having to sit through while the team's newly signed GM completely destroys the team while the fans are wearing brown bags over their heads.

Gentleman is an idiot.

He made horrible decisions in free agency, has released one, maybe more, costing the team millions.

Actually, made the offensive line worse, which I thought that was impossible to do, but he managed to do it.  Which to my understanding was what he was hired to fix.

So yes, I'm ready.

Wondering if you will have a few takers for the Raiders GM.  3 firsts and 2 of them could be high up in the round.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2018 at 12:31 PM, ny92mike said:

Looking for a couple members to help out this year with workbooks.

Any takers?

Are you looking at re-doing much of the work books?  Or are they going to be similar?

I believe that you had mentioned trimming down some of them to make them a bit smaller.  

Archived