TCMD - Forum Wide GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

Alright, so what did we figure out with Nicks idea on allowing the "if I miss out on player x, my bid for player y is used".  I wouldn't like to see it used on every bid but using it on 1 of the 3 UFA bids wouldn't be bad.  

I'd like to see the contract offers be similar in value, but not a must.

Where do you guys lean on this?

Also, if you want to be added or removed from this tagged list let me know. 

@LuckyNumber11

@bcb1213

@SirA1

@NickChowaniec

@BringinDaPain

@MKnight82

@winitall

@sparky151

@cortes02

@Desperado82

@BowserBroncos

@IDOG_det

@squire12

@jch1911

@Counselor

@IrishHooligan00

@samsel23

@ChaRisMa 

@Fragafootball

@mountainpd

@PurpleMugen

@whodatOL

@Deadpulse 

@KingOfTheDot 

@daineraider

@EaglesPeteC 

@davidderion

@Forge

@One Punch Man

@Trojan

@DTMW78

@Cbrunn

Do we have any members that are ocd or just simply organized people?  

Could really use some help in getting things lined up in the forum for debate and voting as I'm one of if not the most unorganized members in this forum...haha.

18 hours ago, Forge said:

Mike, 

You know I'm in (Niners! Calling it now!). I can't really help with the workbooks outside of bouncing things ideas off me, but I have no problem with doing the commish thing again. Keep the same set up as last year and you, I and @EaglesPeteC can bounce various things off each other.

Anyway, I will be in Australia for a couple of weeks in Feb, so largely unavailable, but obviously that should be well before we actually start this thing. 

Can you set up a group message board with you, EaglesPeteC, BringinDaPain and myself?

Also, can we add members to that group as needed?

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Can you set up a group message board with you, EaglesPeteC, BringinDaPain and myself?

Also, can we add members to that group as needed?

I can create a message thread between multiple people, so that part isn't a major issue. Can't remember the max people I can have in the group, I'll have to check in on that. 

Just now, Forge said:

I can create a message thread between multiple people, so that part isn't a major issue. Can't remember the max people I can have in the group, I'll have to check in on that. 

Cool.  Can people be added to it once its created?

30 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Alright, so what did we figure out with Nicks idea on allowing the "if I miss out on player x, my bid for player y is used".  I wouldn't like to see it used on every bid but using it on 1 of the 3 UFA bids wouldn't be bad.  

I'd like to see the contract offers be similar in value, but not a must.

Where do you guys lean on this?

I find this to be a good idea. This will prevent people from getting 2 20 million dollar quarterbacks and things like that LOL. 

I don't know what kind of maneuverability you have with worksheets, but what I would add is a secondary section (similar to the reserve bid section), where you can have one "plan B" bid. You can make your offer, include a drop down box that they select which of their three FA bids this one would be replacing. If they don't get player A mentioned in the drop down box, we can review the back up bid for player B and see where it stands with regards to other offers. 

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@Forge

Do you have time to help me get the debate/ vote organized.  I'd really like to get this going asap, so that any additions or changes we are making I'll have plenty of time to get it worked into the guidelines and workbooks.

I pretty much always have this up while I'm working, but responses, thoughts, etc.,  are at the mercy of work and my little boy who's with me during the day. Anything that requires some degree of thought may take a while for me to get back on lol

I'll let you know soon if I'm in. Last semester of classes for me, but that just means now I'll have to do an internship to finish my program. If my internship isn't too time-consuming (or if it doesn't start right away), then I'll be a go.

Unfortunatley, I don't have the time to help with the work books but I definitely wold like to participate again (Cleveland Browns please).  In regards to the "if I miss out on player x, my bid for player y is used" question, I wouldn't mind it for the first round of UFA.

Peace!!!

7 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Unfortunatley, I don't have the time to help with the work books but I definitely wold like to participate again (Cleveland Browns please).  In regards to the "if I miss out on player x, my bid for player y is used" question, I wouldn't mind it for the first round of UFA.

Peace!!!

No worries man.

Glad to see you back.  retention retention retention...

The "if I miss out on player x, my bid for player y is used" would be for all bidding rounds, at least that's the way I understood it when it was presented to me.  

We gotta find a shorter name for this....lol.  

1. Sub FA Bid
  2. Alt. FA Bid

Any suggestions?

We haven't heard from too many about using this additional bid, but what we have heard so far everyone sounds fine with it.

We really need to debate this so that I can start working on this stuff. 

Remember guys it takes me awhile to get these workbooks finished and I need as much time that I can get.

• Does the alt bid need to be comparable in terms of contract length and amount offered?
  • Is this just for UFA offers only or resign too?
  • Does this alt bid last only for the first round or 3 rounds or all of them? 

I'd also like to discuss the idea of the signing bonuses for free agents become a required amount that must be either greater than or equal to the player expected SB amount.  Once the contract lengths and base drop to 1 year and vet min, then we can remove this requirement.

Anyway, I know you guys are busy this time of year, but if you could find the time to discuss this stuff, it would allow me to start building and/or revising the workbooks.

I'm also looking for membership positions to fill, accepting these positions won't prohibit you from being GM of your team.  In fact, accepting these positions would put you in front of the line.

Filled Positions

Commish - @Forge

Awards - @EaglesPeteC

Draft Board - @BringinDaPain

Open Positions

• Journalist
    • We need guys looking to commentate on the going ons of this mock draft.
    • Also, I'd like to get the GM interviews started, so if someone would like to create generalized questions to get loaded into a workbook, or if you'd like to conduct them yourself that's even better.
    • @Trojan I believe it was you that wanted to do a google workbook Twitter feed.
  • Workbook Helper
    • Could use some help with keeping the team rosters and transactions up to date.
    • During the build, having people willing to test them and look for errors. @winitall 
  • Draft Gurus for ratings and commentaire.

Does anyone purchase PFF stats, that would be nice enough to email me the excel files for player grades?  I've been doing this the last few times but a little light on funds this month.

@LuckyNumber11

@bcb1213

@SirA1

@NickChowaniec

@BringinDaPain

@MKnight82

@winitall

@sparky151

@cortes02

@Desperado82

@BowserBroncos

@IDOG_det