Jaguars Training Camp News and Notes

.Buzz

20 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Yannick is going to get paid handsomely.

Ive done some extensive research, there has never been a better 1/2/3 round pick combo than Ramsey, Jack and Ngakoue.

I really wonder who compares to those first 3 selections. Off the top of my head I go back to the 2014 Raiders woth Khalil Mack and Carr, but who was their 3rd rounder?

24 minutes ago, Jags said:

I really wonder who compares to those first 3 selections. Off the top of my head I go back to the 2014 Raiders woth Khalil Mack and Carr, but who was their 3rd rounder?

It's not quite 1/2/3 combo but Saints last year with their 2 1s (Lattimore/Ramzyc), Williams in the 2nd, and Kamara in the 3rd is a major hit as well.

Mickens out here scrapping for a position on the Jags final 53. We may not have a true number 1 WR, but we sure do have some real dogs out here fighting for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th WR spots. 

54 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

It's not quite 1/2/3 combo but Saints last year with their 2 1s (Lattimore/Ramzyc), Williams in the 2nd, and Kamara in the 3rd is a major hit as well.

Now that Saints combo is pretty fantastic. Defensive ROY and Offensive ROY. If they remain consistent, they can take that title, but I'm not so sure about Williams. I found out that in 2014 the Raiders drafted Gabe Jackson in the 3rd round so that's competition as well. 

10 hours ago, Jags said:

Mickens out here scrapping for a position on the Jags final 53. We may not have a true number 1 WR, but we sure do have some real dogs out here fighting for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th WR spots. 

That was a slick move after the catch too. He is so freakin fast/agile

LB Blair Brown filled in at weak-side linebacker in place of Smith. Yesterday, rather than continuing to compete at strong-side LB, Brown was the second team WILL. It appears his time competing for the SAM position is over, as rookie Leon Jacobs has worked with the first team evey day so far at the position. Marrone said during his conference that the team likes Brown off the ball, whereas the SAM position plays closer to the line of scrimmage.

16 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

That was a slick move after the catch too. He is so freakin fast/agile

I seriously think we're going to go into this season with 7 WR. We only need to carry 2 QBs and go light at other positions. 

Archived