2018 Rookie Talk

DreamKid

This is Pure Gold. Jordan Lasley Q&A in his kitchen. Some of the topics covered:

- Matt Judon's speech impediment 

- Who's the funniest player on the team?

- His outplaying and trash talking of Marcus Peters in the joint practice. What corner he's looking forward to playing against this year?

- Michael Crabtree's Ego

- Why he chose number 17? Spoiler- It was because he was the 17th receiver taken in the draft. Second Spoiler- He was actually the 18th receiver taken, but who has the heart to tell him right?

- He gets really excited about rhyming "Las" with "A%$"

DON'T sleep on this kid!

Torrey Smith Age: 22  Rookie Year Preseason Stats- Rec: 4  Yards: 20  1st Downs: 1

Jordan Lasley Age: 21 Rookie Year Preseason Stats- Rec: 6  Yards: 58  1st Downs: 4

play38.gif

Zach Sieler's impact detected. So is his birthday, congrats to Ozzie's last draft pick turning 23 today. Zach's birthday is one day after Mark Andrews, but Mark is a year younger and just turned 22. Both are well on their way to turning into future key players for the team, keep it up boys.

So just because the ILB position has been on my mind lately due to the Mosley conundrum, I’ve been taking a look at some of these college game tapes and the guy whose standing out most to me from an overall perspective; violence, instincts, athleticism, and playmaking ability is this guy Devin Bush Jr.

We have a few talented and young ILB prospects, but if we move on from Mosley, this guy might be an attractive option to replace Mosley.

Ridley looks amazing.

Feel like Hurst really needs to show out when he gets healthy, I know our receivers look good overall this year but getting a young long-term receiver in Ridley would have been awesome. In a weird way we're almost cursed also by the fact that it looks like we nailed it on the Mark Andrews pick, if we got that kind of value later on it makes the Hurst pick look even more unnecessary. 

3 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Ridley looks amazing.

Feel like Hurst really needs to show out when he gets healthy, I know our receivers look good overall this year but getting a young long-term receiver in Ridley would have been awesome. In a weird way we're almost cursed also by the fact that it looks like we nailed it on the Mark Andrews pick, if we got that kind of value later on it makes the Hurst pick look even more unnecessary. 

This is definitely going to be a fair comparison moving forward, Ridley is the one guy that was simultaneously available when Hurst was available that wouldn’t have required us to forfeit any of the additional picks we acquired in trade backs.

It’ll be interesting to see if when Hurst is back, will he be instantly the starter once more? And then the other question worth pondering is which TE does he replace upon coming in?

One would think that the H-back role that Maxx Williams is playing would be the optimal spot for Hurst, less of a blocker, but more explosive as a receiver option. But Williams has definitely allowed for great versatility due to his being both a threat to run block, pass block, or be a receiver.

One thing’s for sure, the coaches definitely have some difficult questions to answer moving forward. If there is a risk of re-injury however, I would probably sit Hurst until he’s completely 100% since he’s not truly needed at this point.

Archived