2018 Rookie Talk

DreamKid

17 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Supporters of Mosley can't have it both ways either, "He's only playing poorly because he's injured". Okay...well if that's your excuse fine. Why then would we want to sign a player long term who is injured every season/every play though? 

Yea no, he's held up great in coverage. I don't knock him for the conner catch in the steeler game either. Just how many seconds is he supposed to hold up? The pass rush needs to get there. There's a play from the Preseason, against the Colts I believe, where Kenny carried a WR 30 Yards down the field.

Reuben Foster is decent comp for him, just switch out some stopping power(Foster) for better coverage skills(Young) and it about equals out. Obviously Kenny is as clean off the field as they come too.

I would say Kenny Young is more Deion Jones than Reuben Foster - he's just really freaking fast and athletic. But yeah the catch against Conner no linebacker is going to make that play trying to cover a RB for 5+ seconds. I wouldn't even knock Mosley for that. And IF Mosley was still injured, why are we playing him almost 100% of the snaps? Either the coaches are more incompetent than I thought, or Mosley's healthy and just really slow.

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Mood: Reflecting back on @diamondbull424's hype of Nick Chubb. 

tumblr_mdj8kelrXS1rot0kgo8_r1_500.gif

😆

Whats funny is I was just taking a look at my fantasy squads progress and noticed how dominant Chubb was looking with his stat line and it made me so sad.

But I was always going to be sad, I wanted too many players this time around.

- Nick Chubb, LJ8, Frank Ragnow, Derwin James. All man crushes. That’s not even including the guys I legitimately also really liked like DJ Moore, Minkah Fitzpatrick, etc.

There was no way we were ever going to come away with all those players. I was just hoping we could’ve drafted two of those guys. I especially wanted Chubb because he’s the perfect fit for the type of power running game we were moving in the direction of building. Plus he reminded me a bit of Jamal Lewis with his leg power (minus the stiff arm). He was NFL ready from the get go and that’s hard to project with a lot of players. But out of the RBs in that talented 2018 class Barkley and Chubb were the most NFL ready for sure.

I wish we could trade Hurst for Chubb. Especially considering this upcoming RB class and their lack of top talent and depth in comparison to the 2018 class. 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I have a hard time believing that if we drafted Derwin James we'd ever blitz him like that, though. We'd probably play him as a deep safety and utilize nothing that makes him good. But make no mistake, the dude is FUN to watch play for the Chargers.

Honestly something that's cushioned the Derwin James let down, has been Kenny Young's play. I largely pictured Derwin playing at WILL anyway. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-9

BLT-Ravens-Header.pngOrlando Brown Jr. was the talk of the combine last February, and not in a good way. His athletic testing was abysmal – even for a 345-pound man. Thought by some to be a first-round talent, he fell to the third but is looking more and more like a steal with each passing game. He’s started that past three games for the Ravens and most recently didn’t allow a single pressure on 45 pass-blocking snaps against the Steelers. His 73.9 pass-blocking grade for the season is fantastic for a rookie.

If you don't like Orlando Brown Jr., then drop your location and we'll handle it. This kid is so personable and I couldn't be happier that he's a Raven. We've been blessed in recent drafts with some Real Raveny Ravens, but Orlando and Marlon lead the charge. FLOCK.

The song Orlando referenced as being one of his favorite Pre Game listens because his dad would play it before his middle school football games- Gemoji image for :smiling_imp

Archived