Athletics Acquire Jeurys Familia

MightyMouse07

A couple back end meh prospects because the Wilpons weren't willing to ******* pay $3M while Brad Hand gets Mejia 

God I hate the Mets. What a complete joke. Trade the best RP you've ever had for a guy that maybe profiles to be not completely garbage. Because you weren't going to eat salary.

37 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

A couple back end meh prospects because the Wilpons weren't willing to ******* pay $3M while Brad Hand gets Mejia 

God I hate the Mets. What a complete joke. Trade the best RP you've ever had for a guy that maybe profiles to be not completely garbage. Because you weren't going to eat salary.

It's very hard being the owner of a baseball team in a small market like New York City. 

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Well I’m sure Hand not being a free agent till like 2022 and Familia be a free agent in 3 months had a lot to do with the return. 

2 hours ago, devils1854 said:

I dont have to justify myself to you. I simply made a statement. You can believe me or not. You dont know who I am, or what I do, so I dont give a **** what you think.

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Well I’m sure Hand not being a free agent till like 2022 and Familia be a free agent in 3 months had a lot to do with the return. 

Familia as a 2 month rental is worth more than $1M in useless IFA money and a back end top-20 organizational arm. They were talking about Jorge Mateo until the Wilpon's refused to eat any of his salary.

Keith Law seemed to have some strong words about the Mets ownership and I agree with him. MLB should force Wilpons out.

As a Phillies fan, makes the division easier. But as a baseball fan, that ownership group is not good for the game. 

8 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

How the hell did the Padres get Meija for a RP package. Bananas

Because Hand is an elite left-handed reliever, cost controlled for the next four post-seasons, and Cimber has performed very well this year and is cost controlled for the next five post-seasons.  Both fill a huge need in the bullpen for the Indians for this year and beyond (Miller and Allen are FA after this year) and take increased roles next season.  

Meanwhile, it seems that the Mets made this trade and got less back in return because they weren't willing to pay any money for Familia, so this has acted as a salary dump of sorts.

Archived