Derek Carr vs Jimmy Garappalo

patriotsheatyan

9 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I feel like we know Jimmy G is an unknown but lets not act like Carr had a strong 2017 season either. Didnt he have back problems? Those dont usually just go away when 300+ pound dudes are tackling you. 

Derek carr has had the most dropped balls in the NFL since 2014, per PFF. Last year we were 3rd in drops with 38. 

Todd Downing's offense was a joke. Not qb friendly, no easy completions and lack of separation for receivers down the field. Crabtree notably regressed in this way and Seth Roberts was awful. 

Yeah that back injury affected him but it was a freak thing getting kneed in the back by a 300 pound defensive lineman, just like the ankle. Derek's a tough dude, contrary to popular belief and he takes hits and will put his body on the line.

I have  confidence that Carr will be back to 2015/16 form before long.

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Derek carr has had the most dropped balls in the NFL since 2014, per PFF. Last year we were 3rd in drops with 38. 

Todd Downing's offense was a joke. Not qb friendly, no easy completions and lack of separation for receivers down the field. Crabtree notably regressed in this way and Seth Roberts was awful. 

Yeah that back injury affected him but it was a freak thing getting kneed in the back by a 300 pound defensive lineman, just like the ankle. Derek's a tough dude, contrary to popular belief and he takes hits and will put his body on the line.

I have  confidence that Carr will be back to 2015/16 form before long.

Kind of weird I also felt like Amari Cooper also regressed. I expected him to take a major leap from his 16/17 campaign but instead it seemed like he regressed. 

He's got the talent and the blazing speed but for whatever reason he didn't take the leap I had forseen. 

3 hours ago, mdonnelly21 said:

Kind of weird I also felt like Amari Cooper also regressed. I expected him to take a major leap from his 16/17 campaign but instead it seemed like he regressed. 

He's got the talent and the blazing speed but for whatever reason he didn't take the leap I had forseen. 

Yep, but a lot of that was not putting him in positions to succeed. If he was in the right system, he would explode. I'm hoping that system is us next year. He's very underrated right now. People will be backtracking on him next year for sure, mark my words.

Archived