SB redos for NE

Shady Slim

so in the super bowl do over thread we mentioned how all of the pats games could’ve gone differently if given a do over, i agree with this... so say all of them are played as a best of seven series, all of them at the neutral venue, how do we think they’d go?

i’d have to say

we give them an L against the GSOT

they take the panthers, eagles, and pick another W up against the giants

they lose in 2011 still, but they do rebound and still take seattle

the falcons take them in seven 

however i do think they beat the eagles

so i’ve taken away two and given them two so they finish at 5-3

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Weren't the 2007 Giants better than the 2011 Giants? I can't remember

I'm going to agree with you except switch the Giants loss and they beat the Falcons. 

2011 Giants had a better offensive passing game. 2007 has a better pass rush. The 2007 Patriots were an infinitely better team than the 2011 team and already beat that Giants team once.

Honestly I’d probablly give them the Panthers, Eagles, Giants x2 and Falcons. 

Id take away the Rams and Seahawks. If it’s a best of 7. Those were just really bad matchups for them 

31 minutes ago, lancerman said:

2011 Giants had a better offensive passing game. 2007 has a better pass rush. The 2007 Patriots were an infinitely better team than the 2011 team and already beat that Giants team once.

The 2011 Giants beat the Patriots twice that year so I say they have a pretty good chance to win a best of 7.

21 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

A true 7 game series? Hard to bet against Belichick in a lot of this matchups. 

I’d say the only lock-loss is vs the Rams and the lock-win is vs the Giants Pt I.

Agreed.  In a best of 7, I can see Bill sweep them all.  Thank goodness this isn't baseball

1 hour ago, Shady Slim said:

yeah i was considering adding a caveat like “each game is independent of the other” or something to remove the belichick factor, because it is something that came across through my mind while making the thread 

I mean think of it this way, Belichick's going to be on his 6th halftime adjustment when game 4 starts. But tbh, there is a Belichick factor in any game. Realistically the Rams is the primary one he see them being at a massive disadvantage where the extra games hurts them. I think against anyone else they were a far more complete team against their opponents except maybe 2011.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

As for the 2007 Giants. 

Do you expect David Tyree to make the most ridiculous catch of all time every game? Do you expect Tom Brady to only put up 14 points each game? No.

Brady also wouldn't have to worry about the perfect season pressure since there's no way the Pats would have clean sweeps against the Jags and Chargers. Not even the 95 Bulls who set the (at the time) regular season record for wins with 72 won every game in every round of the playoffs that year. 

19 hours ago, childofpudding said:

Rams beat Patriots

Patriots beat Panthers

Patriots beat Eagles

Patriots beat Giants

Patriots beat Giants

Seahawks beat Patriots

Patriots beat Falcons

Eagles beat Patriots

You know I thought about it. The 2014 Pats are better than the Seahawks. Seahawks had a better defense by a small margin, but the Pats offense was way better. The Pats offense was pretty much built to play a defense like Seattle’s

On 7/23/2018 at 10:25 AM, Danger said:

As for the 2007 Giants. 

Do you expect David Tyree to make the most ridiculous catch of all time every game? Do you expect Tom Brady to only put up 14 points each game? No.

The two main reasons we lost that game was a.) Stephen Neal's injury and b.) McDaniels calling probably the single worst game of his life.

Archived