Golf Thread

billking

• 3 months later...

Watched the ESPN special about Tigers 2018 season, gotta say I was pretty amazed at all the surgeries he's had over the past few years and realized just how amazing it is seeing him compete on this level again. The guy swinged the golf club in a way that was beyond what his body could hold up to is what I found myself thinking. Some of the shots he pulled off in his younger years were borderline physically impossible but because he had or has physical coordination the rest of us mortals dream of he pushed the limits of his body and probably beyond them with unreal golf shots. Hitting draws out of heavy rough, ball below feet, 200 plus yards out with 7 iron, humans are not supposed to be able to do that. That's the type of shot he wont try any longer but hitting out of the cabbage is what concerned him the most during his comeback, the sudden jolt of the club deacceleratin could cause injury in the worst possible way. I know if he can avoid injury he will win majors again and may pass Jack's 18 professional major record or at least tie. If he ties then he owns the major victories title since Tiger has 3 US amateurs to Jack's 2.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got nothing against Tiger but whenever he is in a tournament he takes all the oxygen out of the airwaves even if he isn't anywhere near the contenders.  This week in the Farmers Insurance Open he is 12 strokes back from the leaders but he is almost all they talk about.  I know he has a huge following but he isn't the only guy out there.  

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...