Golf Thread

billking

On 16/05/2019 at 11:27 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

My bets this week:

To win outright: Rahm, Schauffele, Day

To win each way (paying 10 places): Cantlay, Bradley

Won on this, at least. Not much of a profit given that I lost on everything else.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, billking said:

Ok 2019 US OPEN liking what I'm seeing with Tiger today the irons are there and hes keeping the tee shots in play, get the putter rolling and he may get this

You jinxed him bro. You posted this as he was walking to 8 (17) and he bogeyed the next two holes. 😆

My bets were:

To win outright: Koepka, Schauffele
To place top 10: Scott, Thomas
To place top 20: Van Rooyen

Ended up a little bit down in total, despite the Scott bet coming in. I just don't stake enough money to bet on anything less than 25/1 to place top 10 as the odds are divided by 20% if they come 2nd - 10th.

Pretty annoyed with myself with the Schauffele bet though, as he was 28/1 at the start of the week and I only got on him at 22/1, hence me only betting on him to win rather than place.

Well done to Woodland for keeping his composure. Rarely see that from players who haven't ever contended for a Major win on the final day before.

46 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

My bets were:

To win outright: Koepka, Schauffele
To place top 10: Scott, Thomas
To place top 20: Van Rooyen

Ended up a little bit down in total, despite the Scott bet coming in. I just don't stake enough money to bet on anything less than 25/1 to place top 10 as the odds are divided by 20% if they come 2nd - 10th.

Pretty annoyed with myself with the Schauffele bet though, as he was 28/1 at the start of the week and I only got on him at 22/1, hence me only betting on him to win rather than place.

Well done to Woodland for keeping his composure. Rarely see that from players who haven't ever contended for a Major win on the final day before.

His chip on 17 was incredible. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...