Golf Thread

billking

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 1:27 PM, renndawg37 said:

My game has been getting so much better. 

I started playing last year and have been trash af but last round I averaged 5-8 shots per hole which is good for me and I even managed to beat the two dudes I was with on one hole. 

On 6/17/2020 at 11:37 PM, Tyty said:

I started playing last year and have been trash af but last round I averaged 5-8 shots per hole which is good for me and I even managed to beat the two dudes I was with on one hole. 

Nice man. I've been playing for years, seem to be down to about a 4 handicap at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2020 at 12:47 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Just bought some M6 irons off eBay. Gotta love people with a lot of extra income who don't want irons anymore. Verified authentic and got them about $200 cheaper than they should've been. Can't wait to hit them in locations in not aiming for.

What kind of condition were the sold as?  I know some folks who think themselves professional golfers who are anything but, and do the same thing, swap irons every year or so.  I think it's crazy.  I had a set that I played a lot with last for 10 years before I upgraded to Callaway Edges.  These are so nice that when the grips finally go, I will probably just regrip them.  

I do need to get a new putter.  I have a mallet putter from Kmart going on 20 years old and the grip is making my hands black with how it's coming apart.  I love that thing but I don't think I can justify regripping it. 

7 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

What kind of condition were the sold as?  I know some folks who think themselves professional golfers who are anything but, and do the same thing, swap irons every year or so.  I think it's crazy.  I had a set that I played a lot with last for 10 years before I upgraded to Callaway Edges.  These are so nice that when the grips finally go, I will probably just regrip them.  

I do need to get a new putter.  I have a mallet putter from Kmart going on 20 years old and the grip is making my hands black with how it's coming apart.  I love that thing but I don't think I can justify regripping it. 

I went from Burner irons to these M6s and I was hitting my 4 burner about 185 and I'm hitting this 5 M6 about 190. I can see why people do what you suggested lol. This is my second set of irons ever and I've been playing about 11 years. After going to the range and using these for a round, I'm confident I'll stick with em for a while. 

The condition of the clubs are excellent. Luckily fake M6s are easy to spot but other clubs, I haven't found too much of a difference in real vs fake aside from grip tops. Fake are extremely inconsistent while real are the opposite. 

Lot of good putters on eBay. I have a Ghost Spider (yes, I'm very brand loyal lol) my wife got me a few years ago so I'm good there but she's looking so I browsed a bit as she can use male putters. I bet you can find something nice for a good price!

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I went from Burner irons to these M6s and I was hitting my 4 burner about 185 and I'm hitting this 5 M6 about 190. I can see why people do what you suggested lol. This is my second set of irons ever and I've been playing about 11 years. After going to the range and using these for a round, I'm confident I'll stick with em for a while. 

The condition of the clubs are excellent. Luckily fake M6s are easy to spot but other clubs, I haven't found too much of a difference in real vs fake aside from grip tops. Fake are extremely inconsistent while real are the opposite. 

Lot of good putters on eBay. I have a Ghost Spider (yes, I'm very brand loyal lol) my wife got me a few years ago so I'm good there but she's looking so I browsed a bit as she can use male putters. I bet you can find something nice for a good price!

I am definitely checking eBay.  I looked on the Callaway site and their putters are beginning just under $300 and ending at $600.  Crazy times. 

21 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I am definitely checking eBay.  I looked on the Callaway site and their putters are beginning just under $300 and ending at $600.  Crazy times. 

Yeah, putters are stupid expensive!! Craigslist is also an excellent source. I got a RBZ driver and 4 hybrid, brand new, for $150 about 6-7 years ago. Guy bought a whole set but loved his current driver and 4 so he didn't need em. At the time, probably worth $400. It was from the area where the tournament is being played at right now and it's a very rich area. Dude obviously didn't need the money lol. Fine with me!