Golf Thread

billking

• 3 months later...

Anybody want to tell me why there is such a shuffle at the top of the leaderboards in the last 5 years? One year its Jordan Speith, then Jason Day, then Rory McIlroy, then Dustin Johnson, then Justin Thomas, ect ect ect

Why are these guys exploding onto the scene then having trouble sticking around at the top? Especially a guy like Jason Day? He was the #1 golfer in the world a few years ago and now everytime I watch a event he is always finishing out of the top 5-10.

I know golf is a hard sport where consistency is difficult which makes Tiger that much more crazy but man. 

On 2/15/2021 at 12:20 AM, AkronsWitness said:

Anybody want to tell me why there is such a shuffle at the top of the leaderboards in the last 5 years? One year its Jordan Speith, then Jason Day, then Rory McIlroy, then Dustin Johnson, then Justin Thomas, ect ect ect

Why are these guys exploding onto the scene then having trouble sticking around at the top? Especially a guy like Jason Day? He was the #1 golfer in the world a few years ago and now everytime I watch a event he is always finishing out of the top 5-10.

I know golf is a hard sport where consistency is difficult which makes Tiger that much more crazy but man. 

Competition now is absurd. That’s the main reason. 

2 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Crazy crazy stuff with Tiger.  Obviously way too early to speculate but hope he can walk again let alone play golf, and really really hope there weren't any substances involved.  Really glad to hear it's not life threatening.  

At the presser the sheriff said they didn’t have any evidence of substance abuse or intoxication 

• Like 1

Reckless driving on winding, hilly roads perhaps? You would think a 21’ model would have some smart systems to prevent that. Interesting that the speed limit is 45 though.

It was time to hang it up anyhow. I don’t see how you can plant on that leg for a while.... very unfortunate situation. Maybe give Alex Smith a call.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm rooting for Will Zalatoris hard right now. He's playing relatively mistake free. He's a tactician.

Don't really care about Justin Rose. My boy Spieth is within striking distance. 

Matsuyama went ape-****e today. Seeing him or Zalatoris come away with it would be most exciting.

19 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

I'm rooting for Will Zalatoris hard right now. He's playing relatively mistake free. He's a tactician.

Don't really care about Justin Rose. My boy Spieth is within striking distance. 

Matsuyama went ape-****e today. Seeing him or Zalatoris come away with it would be most exciting.

Gonna be tough for anyone to catch Hideki if he holds the fort though Spieth and Rose are capable of a similar run if they get going. 

27 minutes ago, Beavis said:

Gonna be tough for anyone to catch Hideki if he holds the fort though Spieth and Rose are capable of a similar run if they get going. 

We'll see, but he didn't play super well all weekend. That 4some behind the lead, hopefully one or two roars back to make it interesting. I'm excited.

1 hour ago, carl_sjunior said:

We'll see, but he didn't play super well all weekend. That 4some behind the lead, hopefully one or two roars back to make it interesting. I'm excited.

You could argue that for anyone really. I feel like we'll get a charge from someone. Spieth imo is the best bet its nice to see him finding his game again. Guy is way too talented to struggle like he has tthe last couple years.

• 1 month later...

Any recommendations on GPS devices?  

Currently using the free download on the phone, but looking at the Garmin Approach S42/S62.  Do any of you have one of these devices if so is it worth the money?  Or any recommendations on a phone app?