SemperFeist

Tony Sparano, Vikings’ OL Coach, Passes Away at 56

Posted (edited)

Oh dear, that’s sad. Too young. 

RIP

Sad situation for the team.

Edited by Krauser

Saw the news come across the phone about an hour ago. Only 56... :(

Andrew Janocko is the assistant OL coach. I’m guessing that he’ll spend the year as the interim, with the position being filled next year. 

Unless Mike Tice would be willing to come back...

Too young, and by all accounts an incredibly likable guy. I was excited when we added him to the staff. He'll definitely be missed. 

I really don't want to speculate, however, it's interesting to me that he was seen at a hospital, complaining of chest pains, was released, and died a couple of days later.  Could be that something was found in the tests, but Sparano left the hospital against medical advice; or the doctors missed something.

It's so hard to know about different things if they would have been able to find something, or it could be that they were still waiting on some bloodwork to come back or something like that. It's a real tragedy and a shame.

15 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Unless Mike Tice would be willing to come back...

I actually woke up in the middle of the night and that was one of the thoughts that went through my mind.  

It's such a sad situation.  I feel especially bad for his wife, that's such a horrific thing to come upon, just going about your day getting ready to go somewhere and then that.  My dad was 56 as well, so I can empathize with such a tragedy.   

Amazed to see all the former players express their condolences on Twitter, he seems to have had a great impact on many lives. Way too young, RIP Coach Sparano.