Official Training Camp 2018 Thread

19 minutes ago, August4th said:

anyone else worried about our depth at WR? we might be in for some annoyance if brown or juju go down or Washington struggles badly

Yes but that's the case for most teams. Most don't have a #1 and a #2 like the Steelers do. I think they'll be Ok if 1 goes down for a short time. Losing 2 for an extended amount of time is unlikely. As for Washington, I do have concerns about his game translating to the Pro level. He's not the fastest and he's not going to be able to Big Boy DBs like he did in college. But for a #3 he'll be good enough I think. 

Worry more about the OT depth.  I predict they will get another Ot when some of the camp cuts happen.

Steelers.com lists Joseph Cheek, Matt Feiler, Larson Graham, Chukwuma Okorafor, and Jake Rodgers as tackles, while Bryce Harris and RJ Prince each have a generic offensive linemen designation

20 hours ago, jebrick said:

Worry more about the OT depth.  I predict they will get another Ot when some of the camp cuts happen.

Agreed, it’s a concern. I too hope decent depth guys come available after cuts.

Losing Hubbard was inevitable after he played well last year in place of Gilbert. It was pretty clear he was going to get starting $ after how well he played last year.

@jebrick is right. Losing Hawkins by injury in June @ OTAs - was something that couldn’t have been predicted - is what really hurt the most. They were relying on him to be one of, or their top reserve OL, losing him hurts the Steelers OL depth immensely.

Thomas will be the popular pick for UDFA to make the team.  I will be watching Patrick Morris C Texas Christian.  More athletic than Pouncey coming out of college.

6'2.5" 300 pounder ran a 5.09 40 (Pouncey 5.29), had 37 reps (Pouncey 25), 35.5" vertical jump (Pouncey 27"), 4.41 short shuttle (Pouncey 4.92), 7.34 3 cone (Pouncey 7.74).  He will make the team.  Perhaps take over for Pouncey after 2020 when Pouncey is a UFA

Archived