Official Training Camp 2018 Thread

9 minutes ago, August4th said:

offense need to embrace its rep as a offensive juggernaut

bring the heat all the time.. not just late in the season night games at Heinz but also your early Sunday road games

Yes exactly. Strike fast and often and force teams to Pass every down in an effort to catch up. Then unleash Heyward/Tuitt/Watt/Dupree  Someone will get there. That's what MOST Offensive-minded teams do. The Steelers Offense seems to play better when they are behind and need to catch up. That needs to stop.

4 hours ago, Chieferific said:

You can't hand pick those 3 (2 of which I think need more time to be properly judged) and leave off Heyward, Tuitt, Watt (whom himself needs more time to be judged) and Shazier. Colbert has done as well as any other GM imo. Good not great. 

Colbert has done well but in the most recent history outside of Watt we need some more time to be judged he has not done great. I have high hopes for tomorrow I've been and that is his greatest opportunity fulsome Redemption the biggest hot seat on our team belongs to Butler.

Running more no huddle both terrifies and excites me. I can see our offense looking unstoppable some games and I can see ben getting into 15/85 run to pass ratios in others. 

I think Ben can be his own worst enemy, but after moving in from a more rigid Haley, I think this is in our best interest — especially to keep Bens desire to play high and keep him playing longer. 

I just don’t want Ben to click back to Arians football...

I trust Ben with no huddle.  He has a great feel for the pulse of the game.  Most his career he's been handcuffed from doing what Peyton, Rodgers, Brady always do, which is see a matchup imbalance and continue to move the ball in that.  I really hope Ray let's Ben just go no huddle when he sees something.  I hope Vance stays healthy, because a 12 personnel from us with Brown, Smith-Schuester, McDonald, James, Bell is hard to stop.  That can go from a tight run formation to a 5 wide formation in 2 straight plays and not sacrifice in either formation.  I've long been an advocate for putting that out there and letting Ben run the show a few series a game.  Because if the defense goes nickle in that, if I'm Ben I call everyone tight, make that DB play as a LB and run the ball right at them.  If they go with a base defense, I'm spreading them out with empty sets or 1 RB/TE in/on the backfield/line.  

Bold statement:

If Ben wanted to a few years after retiring I think he would make an amazing offensive coordinator.

Tomlin/Steelers have put a big tarp up to block view of their practices. When asked about it, Tomlin didn't get specific, but definitely seemed to be implying that he suspected they had been spied upon at some point. Also seems to suggest that they will address this more at some later point.

Questions from the media pointed and seem to indicate they know what's up already and were asking the questions the team wanted them to ask.

1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

Tomlin/Steelers have put a big tarp up to block view of their practices. When asked about it, Tomlin didn't get specific, but definitely seemed to be implying that he suspected they had been spied upon at some point. Also seems to suggest that they will address this more at some later point.

Questions from the media pointed and seem to indicate they know what's up already and were asking the questions the team wanted them to ask.

I understand there is a new hotel that has views of their practice area

Arden Key looks REAL explosive for the Raiders. He beat the Packers OTs 3 straight times. 

*The Raider front 7 absolutely dominated the Pack OL throughout the game (1st team, 2nd team, 3rd team....etc.). Call it vanilla play calling or A. Rogers not playing but the Steelers' front 7 looked vastly inferior in comparison to the Raiders'. They were in the QB's kitchen all game and dominated the LOS. Maybe the game 3 "dress rehearsal" will show a little better. I hope so at least. 

I'm hoping this new Seminole package sticks. I'd like to see it tweaked when Watt returns, though. I'd imagine that Watt will stay in, as opposed to Chick. Then Williams will come out in favor of Thomas. Our linebackers will be Dupree - Thomas - Watt. That looks solid. 

Archived