Official Training Camp 2018 Thread

Steelers | Pittsburgh talking deal with Chris Boswell
Sun, 05 Aug 2018 16:56:25 -0700

Pittsburgh Steelers PK Chris Boswell said his representatives started talking to the Steelers about a long-term deal early last week.

Boswell is playing on a one-year tender and would be an unrestricted free agent next offseason if he does not receive a long-term deal. 

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - Ray Fittipaldo

14 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Steelers | Pittsburgh talking deal with Chris Boswell
Sun, 05 Aug 2018 16:56:25 -0700

Pittsburgh Steelers PK Chris Boswell said his representatives started talking to the Steelers about a long-term deal early last week.

Boswell is playing on a one-year tender and would be an unrestricted free agent next offseason if he does not receive a long-term deal. 

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - Ray Fittipaldo

That's good news. Boswell is consistent in a spot that requires consistency. You have to keep him.

Also, I'd love to see us keep Keion Adams and Adeniyi. I think dressing more LB's is good for your ST. I wouldn't mind keeping 5 OLB's and 4 ILB's with Thomas - Vince - Bostic - Red.

44 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I bet Dobbs get bounced to the PS. I doubt anyone will claim him. Then Landry is done after next season, with Mason taking over the #2 and Dobbs returning to be the #3.

If Dobbs is lucky, he goes to the PS.  I think he will get on with his life's work.

8 minutes ago, jebrick said:

If Dobbs is lucky, he goes to the PS.  I think he will get on with his life's work.

I never viewed Dobbs as anything more then a clipboard holder (even in college). However, he was a late 4th Rdr and looking back there wasn't a whole lotta better options in that round. Mason falling to them in the 3rd sealed his fate. 

Looks like Henderson is getting every chance to take the KR/PR duties. He said today he was on the top of the depth chart at both positions. I hope he sticks and can eventually learn to play offense too. He could be pretty interesting if he gets it figured out.

On 2018-08-07 at 10:11 AM, MOSteelers56 said:

I’m excited to see all the criticism Tomlin gets when Bud starts getting some sacks from LOLB. 

“Why didn’t Tomlin do this 3 years ago?!?!”

LOLB? Isn't that what he has been  and has done next to nothing for 3 years? 

On 2018-08-07 at 7:58 AM, jebrick said:

Damoun Patterson is getting some good press.  Hopefully he makes it to the PS.

while this could help in case of injury, lets hope similar press occurs for our OLB's whoever it may be other than Watt . This team needs another good pass rusher at OLB, not another dud.

Archived