Official Training Camp 2018 Thread

Some things that stood out for me with the younger guys.

Adams had very nice bend on his pass rushes.  He had trouble vs the run.

Ola looked great on the rush and vs the run.  He was going up against a former rugby player so I will want to see how he does in the next game.

Patterson and Washington looked good.  Their QBs were not giving them much help and it looks like they ran several wrong routes.

9 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Some things that stood out for me with the younger guys.

Adams had very nice bend on his pass rushes.  He had trouble vs the run.

Ola looked great on the rush and vs the run.  He was going up against a former rugby player so I will want to see how he does in the next game.

Patterson and Washington looked good.  Their QBs were not giving them much help and it looks like they ran several wrong routes.

But JuJus wrong routes in practice are more important because #LIT

I know its pre-season and we were missing a bunch of dudes that are mainstays, but that is the style of game I hope we see all year. Fast paced offense that can score 3+ times a half and an opportunistic defense that can fly around and cause some havoc. 

On 8/9/2018 at 10:11 PM, Dcash4 said:

I wonder if he can more or less push DHB for a spot. Seems to have a much higher offensive ceiling but has a very strong ST background too. 

Would be much better to give Patterson a shot than keep someone like Hunter at least.

11 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

don't want to jump the gun on Patterson, but I agree he should get a shot over Heyward-Bey or Hunter if he keeps showing promise.

Honestly, i am cool with taking a risk on a young guy with potential even if it doesnt pan out. Its a bullet im willing to eat as a fan. We know what we have in DHB and Hunter, which is limited, this team could use some 'spark' in depth and who knows maybe patterson is a guy who can develop enough to provid3 that but if we dont give him a shot someone else might.

DHB iirc has some value as a blocking WR and special teamer and the occasional run play.  Hunter is kinda just a warm body to fill out the roster so I think there's really no risk in giving Patterson a shot at least over Hunter and see if he can push his way up past DHB.

Archived