Training Camp Thread

Titans fan 617

2 hours ago, VY said:

giphy.gif

Practice play-by-play has got to be one of the worst developments of the Twitter-age.

Hey I have nothing else going on at the time of the practices. Today’s practice was good though they had some what of a mini scrimmage so Taylor’s drop and Mariotas fumble were during live plays so it was fun to read along what was happening 

8 hours ago, VY said:

giphy.gif

Practice play-by-play has got to be one of the worst developments of the Twitter-age.

The worse is those who keep stats throughout OTAs and training camp.

I saw some Jets people tracking the stats of all their QBs back during OTAs. That's always weird to me.

I don’t care about stats, I see people worried about Mariota INTs but 2 of those Davis could have been better in 1-1s and really weren’t Mariotas fault. 

I just like that footballs right around the corner and there’s nothing else going on in this forum we still have over a month until our fantasy draft 

On 7/29/2018 at 7:44 PM, titans0021 said:

I can see the argument both ways. It's a practice and people have other things to do. It's obviously not that significant. It's a bad look though. Terrible teams draw significantly better than that. We're coming off of our first playoff win in 15 years, I'd really like to see more than 25 people show up to an open practice.

I mean I haven't missed a home game in 3 years, but have never attended a training camp. It just isn't something that draws my interest, personally. I don't think anyone should ever be upset of attendance at training camp lol that seems like such a silly thing to get mad over.

21 minutes ago, Titans_Matt said:

I mean I haven't missed a home game in 3 years, but have never attended a training camp. It just isn't something that draws my interest, personally. I don't think anyone should ever be upset of attendance at training camp lol that seems like such a silly thing to get mad over.

The thing with training camp is it’s really more for the kids IMO. Granted adults chase down the autographs too but training camp is a time for kids to interact with players and take pics and autographs and do things they really won’t get to do at Nissan Stadium. 

Kids will still get autographs game day but you’ll never get a pic because of the big fences some players make you wait until after the game. 

I just think kids seeing how a pro practices is more appealing to them since they practice and probably hate practice and hate doing dumb cone drills or what ever so it’s just a thing that’s better for kids like I said. 

For me I just cross my fingers and pray every practice that no one gets seriously hurt 

Sooo.... Apparently we've signed DL Du'vonta Lampkin. UDFA from Oklahoma. Signed with Ravens after the draft. 

I followed him in HS when he was headed to Texas. He got cold feet, so he flunked a spanish class and got rejected admission by Texas so he could go to Oklahoma without sitting out as a regular transfer. ****** move, IMO. He had potential, but I have no idea why he came out this year instead of waiting another year. Redshirt sophomore, I think. 

IIRC he had weight issues throughout his career at Oklahoma.

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

The thing with training camp is it’s really more for the kids IMO. Granted adults chase down the autographs too but training camp is a time for kids to interact with players and take pics and autographs and do things they really won’t get to do at Nissan Stadium. 

Kids will still get autographs game day but you’ll never get a pic because of the big fences some players make you wait until after the game. 

I just think kids seeing how a pro practices is more appealing to them since they practice and probably hate practice and hate doing dumb cone drills or what ever so it’s just a thing that’s better for kids like I said. 

For me I just cross my fingers and pray every practice that no one gets seriously hurt 

Right. I'm just hoping for no injuries. I don't care if there are only 50 people in the audience. It isn't an indicator of excitement or how good the team will be.  For some training camp is the only time they can see the team in person, since they can't make it to the games. 

Damn, I liked Smith in that 5th spot... looked like super depth...

At least they're now focusing on the lack of depth on the DL... what about Klug though. We need the 5th and 6th guys there too. Next up better be WR... but unlike DL, we need a guy who can start outside if Davis or Matthews miss time....

The Ty Smith one sucks because Sims is coming off injury. 

Titans have guys that should fill his role. Cruikshank is versatile also the Titans love Gifford (I believe that’s his name) speed so maybe this opens up a chance to make a roster spot. Also still have Reed who’s versatile 

Archived