Training Camp Thread

Titans fan 617

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

It's funny because I've now seen you and @titans0021 say something similar to this. I too feel the same way and people I've interacted with, who are usually all in on football, have said the same. It's weird.

Yeah, it's a little weird. I just haven't been as hyped as I usually am. When Week 1 rolls around, I know I'll be all-in as usual, but training camp just hasn't done much for me. Admittedly, I'm also in the process of moving, leaving my job and the field of work I've spent my entire adult life in, and am trying to do as much as I can to help my wife serve as the executor of her grandmother's will. So I'm guessing the real life stuff is probably taking up most of my spare thoughts.

There's also probably something to @TwoToneBlue's post. We pretty much know who the starters are and what to expect the roster to look like. The only thing left is to see what the new gameplans will look like, and you're not going to really get that out of tweets from camp.

Think it's largely just part of getting older too. As a kid/teen, the results of Titans(and Vols) games used to effect me(positively and negatively) for pretty much an entire week. Now? For like 2 or 3 minutes after the game I'm like "ayy they won" or "aw man they lost" and then I just kinda move on in terms of it effecting my mood(obviously as a fan of the sport I try to look in to why we won or lost, but in regards to the game effecting me personally, just doesn't really happen anymore).

I think it really kind of hit home this past season. When we beat Jacksonville to secure a spot in the playoffs I thought I'd be ecstatic. I was happy, but I didn't care nearly as much as I expected to. And I had an even less sense of joy after beating Kansas City.

It's weird because I feel my love of the sport is still the same it's always been, but the emotional investment is not.

2 hours ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

A little surprised at the variety of opinions by the media about where we are and will finish.

I can understand that though. It's obvious wr need to replace/ update/ improve our philosophy,  approach and leadership. It's a step in the right direction... I think most agree with that. 

But it's also a lot of change,  and the main question is legit... Is 1 offseason enough to get everything to gel and get everyone on the same page?  Vrabel did an awesome job getting Pees and Lafleur as his coordinators... but he's going to have to grow in the job now. It's understandable that some aren't going to be as comfortable with these questions as others, and why the discrepancy.

Man, can’t believe you guys aren’t as excited as years past, though I get how real life can get in the way of that too.

New HC, OC, and DC, 2 exciting rookie LB prospects, secondary on the rise now adding Butler and Vaccaro to the mix, we finally get to see what our 5th overall pick and Marcus can do in a non-archaic offense, Henry finally has the reigns, and maybe most exciting - new uniforms. It’s gonna be a really fun season and the division is going to be a dog fight on top of it all if Luck proves to be healthy and Watson’s short rookie campaign wasn’t a fluke.

15 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Yeah, i'm old as dirt and i'm hella excited about this season. I honestly think were a couple pieces from a potential SB run... I can't remember getting this excited about an upcoming season in a good while...

Yeah I’m stoked. The college and pro game are obviously very different but going back and watching Marcus’ college tape and seeing how truly great of a college player he was has me all sorts of excited to see him in an offense built for his skill set and not for the likes of Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. It was seriously baffling and infuriating watching the staff completely misuse him last year while guys like Wentz and Goff took off doing what I believe Marcus is capable of doing just as good or even better.

I’m 29 and I’m still stoked for football even if it’s Preseason. Yes we know who the starters are but you just never know who will have to be called on to help. 

I don’t want to see anyone get injured but god forbid Henry or Lewis go down we can’t just rely on 1 guy like last year so I would really like to see Wadley make an impact in the preseason.

Titans seem reluctant to go out and sign a veteran WR at the moment but looking forward to seeing Burnett he’s having good practices so hopefully it carries over.

I just love football my step son  is playing football so I’m just always looking forward to the game no matter what 

Yea I still go crazy for football season. Best time of the year IMO with football and the fall season. No other sport gets my attention like football and that’s with all levels. Something I’ve been heavily invested into for the past 18 years when I first started getting into sports. The game has gotten worse with all the bs rules and I hate the high scoring game in general but football will always be #1 to me even if it’s moving more and more towards a flag football league.

I actually think the older I get the more I cherish the game for what it does for me personally. I view it as an escape from reality for a little while. Nothing gets me to the same level of bliss and just overall giddiness that football does. No matter what is going on in my personal life, football is my one opportunity to truly unwind and focus completely on the game.  I love all sports, but football does that for me on a whole other level.  As a kid, I'd watch the game, be entertained, and admire the players.  As I've gotten older watching football is almost therapeutic for me. Not to mention some of the greatest family memories in my life have been associated with watching Titans games. It's just a really special game to me on so many levels, so I feel like no matter how old I get, or how my life changes over the years, I'm always going to be amped to watch Titans football. :)

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

I mean, don't get me wrong. Once the season rolls around, my wife is still going to refuse to be in the same room as me during Titans game.

Let's not act like it's just during a Titans game.... 

I'm excited, but it's quite difficult to keep track of due to my timezone. Near impossible for me to avoid looking at the scores of games when I wake up too, so I always know the results of games before watching them. 

9 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

I actually think the older I get the more I cherish the game for what it does for me personally. I view it as an escape from reality for a little while. Nothing gets me to the same level of bliss and just overall giddiness that football does. No matter what is going on in my personal life, football is my one opportunity to truly unwind and focus completely on the game.  I love all sports, but football does that for me on a whole other level.  As a kid, I'd watch the game, be entertained, and admire the players.  As I've gotten older watching football is almost therapeutic for me. Not to mention some of the greatest family memories in my life have been associated with watching Titans games. It's just a really special game to me on so many levels, so I feel like no matter how old I get, or how my life changes over the years, I'm always going to be amped to watch Titans football. :)

This x100000000

so much in life changes. Titans are one of very few constants. I love this team and can’t wait to win it all one day 

16 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Yeah, i'm old as dirt and i'm hella excited about this season. I honestly think were a couple pieces from a potential SB run... I can't remember getting this excited about an upcoming season in a good while...

I have been excited with high expectations but this WR problem is becoming a glaring issue. Davis out again today, so essentially we have Taywan and a bunch of filler. Mathews and Davis are big question marks in terms of if we can depend on their health.

The lack of updates from the team brass is annoying as well. Whatever competitive edge they think they are gaining is pretty useless. Obviously fans opinion isn't the end all but they won't gain much understanding by not giving even minimal updates on those guys. And by not making a move at WR they are essentially saying "we're good" when it seems anything but that.

Archived