Training Camp Thread

Titans fan 617

29 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I mean signing LaFell or whoever else would be all fine and good for depth I guess, but Brandon LaFell isn't scaring anyone much more than Taylor or Sharpe. Adding another mediocre WR to our mediocre(or worse) WR corp doesn't really impact it all that much I don't think. LaFell has been around a 600-700 yards a year guy the majority of his career. I don't think if you add LaFell or anyone else currently on the market you suddenly think "ok we can run more 3 WR+ sets now that LaFell(or insert FA here) is here instead of Taylor or Sharpe".

I don't think I'd feel any noticeable difference in comfort if Matthews or Davis is sitting for LaFell instead of Taylor or Sharpe. I mean sure he's a bit better but he's still just a guy.

If the scheme is as good as everyone praises it to be, and Mariota lives up to expectations, it's not gonna matter what the name of the receiver is so long as they can just catch a pass. Outside of a very, very select few in this league, receivers are schemed open and thrown open. They don't get open by themselves.

I'm ok with Taylor or Campanaro or even Burnett in the slot... my concern isn't going Davis, Matthews, Taylor... its going Davis or Matthews, Taylor and Sharpe. 

Yes, I do think Lafell is a significant upgrade over Sharpe... enough to justify a couple million investment in him.  He was a 64/862/6 guy just a couple of seasons ago. I don't expect that, even if starting... but I do expect a guy will contribute from multiple spots. 

I guess I just would never expect this from Sharpe..

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000875299/Brandon-LaFell-gets-wide-open-and-hauls-in-the-37-yard-Dalton-TD-pass

Nor this 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000875445/Brandon-LaFell-takes-the-shovel-pass-and-blazes-through-Titans-D-for-25-yards

And definitely never this 

https://youtu.be/9wmHJt_0oxw

I am actually probably more fine than others with our top four receivers being Davis, Taylor, Matthews and Sharpe. I feel like in the last lousy offensive scheme Taylor was poorly utilized and I think he will have a great year for us. He isn't just known for speed though the speed element will help the whole group as a whole. Taylor can do it all and I think he will show that and show out this year. The issue with the receivers is if we suffer an injury that may be tough. I do hope Burnett makes the team.

My concern right now is on inside linebacker especially with my Adopt a Titan Rashaan Evans. What the heck is going on with him if it is indeed related to the heat? Very concerning he is yet to even practice which is disappointing as he was a first round pick for a reason and I was pumped when we picked him. Not a knock on Compton or Brown at all as I feel both are solid LBs but Evans I felt would have put the group over the top and without the depth is not great.

Encouraging. Maybe he can be a competent back-up this year, develop into a #3 down the road. That would be huge.

Also, liking Davenport way better than Wolfe. Generally seems more knowledgeable and provides better insights, even from just a practice POV.

2 hours ago, VY said:

Encouraging. Maybe he can be a competent back-up this year, develop into a #3 down the road. That would be huge.

Also, liking Davenport way better than Wolfe. Generally seems more knowledgeable and provides better insights, even from just a practice POV.

I like Wolfe a lot and think he did a nice job, but Davenport seems to have a much stronger grasp of the game of football. Not to make it seem like Wolfe didn't know what he was talking about, but Davenport clearly has a good mind for the game.

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

whats going on there....

coaches have been extra cautious with him all offseason. if he came out for stretches it’s probably not super serious, they just don’t want to take any chances.

It sucks that we’re thin at WR but if I had to choose one position group to be thin at it would definitely be WR. It’s almost impossible to be strong at every position so I’m not too upset about it. I think Davis and Matthews will end up being ok for the season anyways. Also, I’m glad our DB’s are our strongest position. Vacarro seems to be fitting in nicely so far from everything  I’ve read. If he turns out to be an upgrade over Cyp then Butler/Jackson/Ryan/Byard/Vacarro looks real, real nice. With Brown also being good in coverage we should be tough to pass on.

4 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

we've had way too many injuries this camp

Im starting to worry that Davis is made of glass. Evans, Rak, Davis, Cyp, Matthews...

What’s crazy about Davis is I’m not sure the guy missed a game in college. I mean wtf gives? 

Archived