Training Camp Thread

Titans fan 617

26 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Lmao... surprise, surprise... look who the target was.  With no fear of double move, speed, separation, Adoree can stay in his hip pocket all day... 

Yeah that was like some of the slowest change of direction I think I've ever seen

19 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

True but better ball placement & Tajae got a 50/50 shot at a jump ball. Mariota should know that the throw was bad 

Better ball how... when there is zero separation.  Ball is 50/50 at this point... and Jackson is not only physically quicker to the ball... he recognizes and reacts quicker as well... he attacks the ball, while Sharpe casually floats back/up waiting for the ball to get to him.  A ball that is 50/50 to begin with (due to no separation) results in a pick 6 all all directly related to the difference in effort and recognition between the receiver and corner. 

7 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Better ball how... when there is zero separation.  Ball is 50/50 at this point... and Jackson is not only physically quicker to the ball... he recognizes and reacts quicker as well... he attacks the ball, while Sharpe casually floats back/up waiting for the ball to get to him.  A ball that is 50/50 to begin with (due to no separation) results in a pick 6 all all directly related to the difference in effort and recognition between the receiver and corner. 

Mariota throws it inside he should’ve thrown it outside to where only sharpe can make a play if catchable, look where he throws the ball C’mon on now. This is why WR like Dez like playing wit a QB like Romo brady or Rodgers, it’s call throwing the receiver open. I’m not arguing sharpe can’t seperate, but Mariota should know the matchup & know his receiver. For sharpe to win this i got to put it where only he can catch it. 

Look at the 2 sec Mark & pause it. This is what you call throwing wit anticipation, Mariota should’ve let the ball go high outside shoulder. Adoree is playing the slant wit inside technique. Mariota throws the ball late & adoree makes a play inside & picks it. This is why the great QB’s don’t need a #1 receiver. Precise route running, rhythm & timing. Yes sharpe is slow but he’s actually open if Mariota stop waiting for him to come out of his break & then throwing it vs throwing wit anticipation that’s he’s going to beat adoree to the spot

58 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

This is where Tajaé is open & can make a play if the ball is high outside 

https://mobile.twitter.com/JRedd_Mndm/status/1027330158313787392/photo/1

Open is such an insanely generous term for that. Adoree has a hand on him, Sharpe has no real space, and Adoree is significantly quicker, more athletic and far more willing to attack the football (which was one of my biggest criticisms of Sharpe as a rooke). Don't get me wrong, it was a bad throw. Put it outside and it's probably just a routine incompletion, but Sharpe was dominated in every aspect of that route. Because he has absolutely no change of direction ability. Quarterbacks can throw receivers open if they give them any sort of window. Sharpe showed as a rookie that he wasn't even capable of doing that with any sort of consistency. I wish LaFleur the best of luck in trying to scheme Tajae open.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

People really need to stop looking in to training camp(and preseason) plays(good or bad) like they're actually worth anything or indicative of anything. They don't matter. At all.

I mean, they can be indicative of something if the player looks exactly the same as he did the last time they were playing meaningful football. Adoree is aggressive and sticking on his man (as he was throughout the second half of last season), Tajae is slow, has no explosiveness and doesn't attack the football (which is what plagued him when he was forced into a starting role as a rookie).

3 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Paul Kuharsky just brought on Blake Beddingfield to write game previews and reviews from a scout's perspective for the season. Should be interesting.

Depending on the reviews from other users, this is something that could really push me towards getting a subscription.

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

This is where Tajaé is open & can make a play if the ball is high outside 

https://mobile.twitter.com/JRedd_Mndm/status/1027330158313787392/photo/1

Lol... ok...

In the pic you're linking, Jackson is on Sharpe's outside hip... if the ball goes outside, he's got the positioning for the breakup at least... and if both players show similar responsiveness as they did in the real scenario, Adoree beats him to the ball and comes up with the pic still probably (no pick 6, but still a pick).

Not saying Mariota purposely threw the ball inside based on Adoree's positioning at this point... but it just shows how bad a mismatch this was. Jackson cut off the inside fake, beat him back outside, then beat him again to the ball (undercut him from that outside position). You don't play any better cb than that... and you don't play any worse receiver than that. He wasn't open... not for a nano second on this play... nowhere for any QB to anticipate an opening for the throw.  This is no different than in 2016 when Mariota completed over 60% of his passes to all receivers not named Sharpe... and there's Sharpe catching under 50% of passes thrown his way. 

24 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

People really need to stop looking in to training camp(and preseason) plays(good or bad) like they're actually worth anything or indicative of anything. They don't matter. At all.

The thing is i'm not even looking at the interception per se... I see at the complete inability to create separation by Sharpe.... the exact same issue that plagued him in 2016. No offense or qb should have to rely on as receiver this bad at getting open... and here we are trotting him as a starter in 2 days... and he's a significant injury away from being our 3rd overall guy and #2 outside guy. 

I don't even care about the result tomorrow. Starters ain't playing many snaps... but Sharpe and Taylor... or whoever the 2 after Davis and Matthew's are... need to play the starter and 2nd team snaps. And they have to be able to show they can separate and make a play for their QB. Show something... some promise, potential, something to give us hope beyond Davis and Matthews...  even if it's against 2nd teamers. 

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Depending on the reviews from other users, this is something that could really push me towards getting a subscription.

Agreed. Having a former Titans scout helping you cover the Titan's beat could prove to be a very valuable thing. 

Archived