Training Camp Thread

Titans fan 617

I was a huge fan of the Vrabel hire, but this whole BB wannabe attitude is gonna get old real quick. Be your own person... nothing is gained from alienating the fan base you're trying to reenergize. What other possible advantage is he getting football-wise? 

What does it hurt to say... Evans is dealing with a shoulder right now.  We're expecting him back full time in a couple of weeks, but we'll know and can provide additional details later.  

That's it. Are the Dolphins gaining any competitive advantage with that info? No... It's BB douchebaggery, is all it is. 

And I don't even care about the injuries. But there are plenty of people who do... many invest a ton of money, a ton of time following the team, etc... give fans what they want when it doesn't impact you negatively in a competitive way. 

4 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I was a huge fan of the Vrabel hire, but this whole BB wannabe attitude is gonna get old real quick. Be your own person... nothing is gained from alienating the fan base you're trying to reenergize. What other possible advantage is he getting football-wise? 

What does it hurt to say... Evans is dealing with a shoulder right now.  We're expecting him back full time in a couple of weeks, but we'll know and can provide additional details later.  

That's it. Are the Dolphins gaining any competitive advantage with that info? No... It's BB douchebaggery, is all it is. 

And I don't even care about the injuries. But there are plenty of people who do... many invest a ton of money, a ton of time following the team, etc... give fans what they want when it doesn't impact you negatively in a competitive way. 

I agree to a degree. 

I'm not with the whole being like New England type deal. No reason to be soo secretive about the injury. I can only imagine how it's gonna be during the season. It's gonna be very frustrating. 

But I don't care. I know he is injured that's all I need. It would be helpful for my personal mindset if I knew he'd likely be back by 3rd preseason game or middle of the year. 

i like the new espn guy, turron davenport. he’s provided some pretty strong coverage of training camp. will be interesting to see if he’s able to build any relationships inside the organization- lord knows everyone but wyatt and PK have failed to do that.

good to see evans is alive, would be a bit nicer to know how soon we’re gonna get him back tho

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i like the new espn guy, turron davenport. he’s provided some pretty strong coverage of training camp. will be interesting to see if he’s able to build any relationships inside the organization- lord knows everyone but wyatt and PK have failed to do that.

good to see evans is alive, would be a bit nicer to know how soon we’re gonna get him back tho

Yep better than both of the garbage Wolf’s.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

My major concern is that he may end up being too good. Which, if it happens, will mean that he'll get shuffled off to some bigger beat in a year or two. No way ESPN will burn one of their better writers on the Titans beat, and in general, you're going to need a writer covering a team at least  2-3 years before you can hope to have someone that can actually cultivate sources inside the organization.

8 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Trying too hard to be Belichick.

I wonder if he's actually being honest with that though..cause he did the face scan and everything for the game. If he wasn't in the coaches association or w/e, why would he have even bothered with that?

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

I wonder if he's actually being honest with that though..cause he did the face scan and everything for the game. If he wasn't in the coaches association or w/e, why would he have even bothered with that?

I can't imagine that being the case. Maybe I'm giving EA too much credit (which is unlike me), but if he had agreed to be in and did the face scan, I can't imagine them just sending over some paperwork and never following up. He's one of 32 head coaches, I'd imagine they would make sure he dotted the i's and crossed the t's if he was willing to be in the game. We'll find out though. Because if it's as simple as not sending the paperwork in, they could easily patch him in at any point.

Just now, titans0021 said:

I can't imagine that being the case. Maybe I'm giving EA too much credit (which is unlike me), but if he had agreed to be in and did the face scan, I can't imagine them just sending over some paperwork and never following up. He's one of 32 head coaches, I'd imagine they would make sure he dotted the i's and crossed the t's if he was willing to be in the game. We'll find out though. Because if it's as simple as not sending the paperwork in, they could easily patch him in at any point.

I mean, have you seen some of this **** in Madden 19? They say the Chargers still play in San Diego, their super bowl numbering can get wonky, etc. Wouldn't put it past them for something like this to happen.

I almost feel kind of bad for the devs because they're forced to churn out a game every year that's actually pretty complex when you consider the amount of players in the league, the amount of commentary you need done, animations, etc. Almost feels like they'd be better off doing roster and commentary patches for like two years between releases instead of releasing a game every year.

5 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I mean, have you seen some of this **** in Madden 19? They say the Chargers still play in San Diego, their super bowl numbering can get wonky, etc. Wouldn't put it past them for something like this to happen.

I almost feel kind of bad for the devs because they're forced to churn out a game every year that's actually pretty complex when you consider the amount of players in the league, the amount of commentary you need done, animations, etc. Almost feels like they'd be better off doing roster and commentary patches for like two years between releases instead of releasing a game every year.

Oh yeah, it's long been said that they'd be infinitely better off releasing the game every other year and then just being active with patches in between that time. But, it's EA. Gotta get that money every year, even if it comes at the sacrificing of the product.

9 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

This is one of those things like most in professional sports where winning will cure all. Belichick can get away with it, because he's a proven winner. Vrabel is really playing with fire to an extent here in the larger scheme of things. Things like this alienate the local media/fan base that he's going to really need behind him if we struggle early on in his tenure. He's not exactly buying himself a lot of wiggle room long term if things go south.  That's one thing that FIsher was always great at. He knew how to play the game and schmooze the media/fan base which was a factor in him being able to survive several bad years throughout his tenure. Like I said, if we win nobody will care about Vrabel's attitude towards the media, but if we start to struggle, his rough around the edges attitude towards anything PR related is really going to wear thin and hurt his job security moving forward.

11 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I said early on I feel like we're going to end up regretting hiring Vrabel over LaFleur. Nothing to really back up that idea yet, but just a gut feeling.

They were 1 and 2 for me... so it was amazing we got them both. 

I loved that whole leader of men label Vrabel carried and his and track record in the locker room. I still believe or hope that's the case (nothing I've seen or heard refutes that)... and I figured that would carry over with the media and especially fans... early indications even showed that in March leading up to the draft.  Given all that, I have hope that he outgrows this little BB phase. JRob has never gone through that... and i'm hoping some growth and success will cure that in Vrabel.

Archived