Training Camp Thread

Titans fan 617

54 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Davis has been a beast today god I hope he’s a beast in the regular season

Yeap, by some reports, he was the best on the field today.  I dunno, because the Bucs WRs looked good against our guys too. 

But him doing that, will make his absence for those few days even less important.

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeap, by some reports, he was the best on the field today.  I dunno, because the Bucs WRs looked good against our guys too. 

But him doing that, will make his absence for those few days even less important.

From what PK said on the radio both WR groups did good in the 1v1 and 7v7. He said that’s where the WRs are suppose to be good but he said the Titans DBs looked better when they were in the full 11 on 11 so that’s encouraging. 

I do think there’s a positive to these practices with the Bucs because it really does our secondary no justice to be covering Jennings Ross and those bottom of the roster guys a lot of the time especially with Matthews out Campanaro out so it is nice for our secondary to have to work hard against Evans and Jackson

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I feel like there hasn't been nearly enough talk about Rishard Matthews. We're three and a half weeks away from the start of the regular season, he's on PUP and barely gets a mention every day.

Hard to say much when we don't even know what's wrong with him. Plus I think the intrigue surrounding our younger receivers has overshadowed his situation a bit. 

2 minutes ago, ShupacTakur said:

Hard to say much when we don't even know what's wrong with him. Plus I think the intrigue surrounding our younger receivers has overshadowed his situation a bit. 

I guess. I'm getting pretty worried that Tajae Sharpe is going to be one of our starting outside receivers for the first six weeks of the regular season.

15 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I guess. I'm getting pretty worried that Tajae Sharpe is going to be one of our starting outside receivers for the first six weeks of the regular season.

I'm really hoping one of these other guys steps up. Don't care if its Jennings, Burnett, Williams or whomever. But hell, if Sharpe actually earns it, more power to him.  

3 hours ago, ShupacTakur said:

I'm really hoping one of these other guys steps up. Don't care if its Jennings, Burnett, Williams or whomever. But hell, if Sharpe actually earns it, more power to him.  

This is a big opportunity, to say the least, for the young guys. With Matthews set to be a free agent after this season, one of these guys could play themselves into a big role for next year.

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

I think jonnu is a guy that’s gonna take on a much bigger role this year, especially to make up for Rishard’s void

agreed, word out of camp is they’ve been running a lot of 2TE sets- and why not?

I will say it seems like Butlers weakness is deep balls. Adams got him last week Jackson got him today. I’m interested to see if it’s a trend. In games he’s probably the guy that will need the over the top help at times since Adoree should be able to keep up with a lot of WRs in this league 

7 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I feel like there hasn't been nearly enough talk about Rishard Matthews. We're three and a half weeks away from the start of the regular season, he's on PUP and barely gets a mention every day.

https://mobile.twitter.com/glennonsports/status/1029761441316921345

I guess that’s good. But if he isn’t getting any work in, week 1 seems questionable. 

36 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/glennonsports/status/1029761441316921345

I guess that’s good. But if he isn’t getting any work in, week 1 seems questionable. 

You bring up a good point. I guess for me I have it in my mind that the Titans are going to beat the Dolphins no matter what. 

Mom sure the Titans don’t think at all like me but for the guys that were on the team last year we kind of owe Miami one. They got some big help from the refs and we were Mariotaless.

As for the real life game itself I just don’t think Tannehill will beat us. Parker’s good but can easily be taken out of that game. I don’t see Drake having a great game. I also just feel the Titans have a great day. I can see Mariota throwing for a couple of TDs and the Titans rushing for a couple and the Defense getting a few turnovers. 

There arnt many games on the schedule I consider sure wins but for what ever reason I feel good about this one. 

To circle back to the Matthews point which this is suppose to be about I guess as a fan if he is healthy for Houston week 2 then im fine with that.

Davis Taylor Sharpe Williams Burnett Jennings or who ever is on the team should be plenty for Miami but if Matthews is out longer then I will get a little more worried 

Archived