Training Camp Thread

Titans fan 617

51 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/glennonsports/status/1029761441316921345

I guess that’s good. But if he isn’t getting any work in, week 1 seems questionable. 

Yeah, I mean, Conklin is out there doing conditioning work and I haven't even heard about Matthews doing anything. The fact that there's not anything noticeably wrong is weird. I really hate all this mystery.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I mean, Conklin is out there doing conditioning work and I haven't even heard about Matthews doing anything. The fact that there's not anything noticeably wrong is weird. I really hate all this mystery.

He had a baseball hat on the sidelines today does that count as noticeable? ?

Just have to wait and see I guess. With Vrabel who knows what’s going on. Matthews is the veteran WR of the group so slim chance Vrabel is going easy on him like with Rak. 

Like I said a post ago anything past Miami would worry me if he misses time. Titans don’t really have a true leader at that position. Maybe Davis becomes that I don’t know. Maybe needing a vocal leader for 1 positional group is overrated I don’t know maybe Delanie Lewan are  big enough leaders that a specific position doesn’t need a leader no idea. 

I hope Matthews gets healthy though because he will be a solid player in this offense for us. Hopefully Davis becomes the true number 1 and Matthews can be a solid 2 with Taylor taking the tops off defenses and doing everything else he’ll be asked to do 

12 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Vrabel gave a good response to why all the mystery by a fan during his radio show.

In summary: He said that he wants to give the player their privacy. It's the players business with whats wrong.  He spoke from a player's view thinking he didn't like when it was put out there when he played. So he is "siding with the player."  When the season starts and he has to report if a player is probable, out, limited...etc he will.  
But as of now when he doesn't have too,  he isn't.  

I respect it.  

We all know that they are dealing with an injury and they are out..so that's pretty much what it is. They aren't on IR so their season isn't done. It would be nice to know how long they may be out, but until the season starts I'm not gonna worry. 

To piggyback a little bit on my last post, our 2017 draft class could be an all timer for us. 

Corey Davis, Adoree Jackson, Taywan Taylor, Jonnu Smith, Jayon Brown and even Corey Levin could all have significant roles this year and for the foreseeable future. It sounds like most(if not all) of them have had impressive training camps. Hopefully it'll carry over for these guys in the regular season.

14 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

To piggyback a little bit on my last post, our 2017 draft class could be an all timer for us. 

Corey Davis, Adoree Jackson, Taywan Taylor, Jonnu Smith, Jayon Brown and even Corey Levin could all have significant roles this year and for the foreseeable future. It sounds like most(if not all) of them have had impressive training camps. Hopefully it'll carry over for these guys in the regular season.

2016 was damn good but the Dodd blemish hurts it. Still though, two all-pros, a solid rotational DL,  a good starting caliber RB, and two quality depth players in Sharpe and Sims counts for arguably the best draft that year.

43 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

2016 was damn good but the Dodd blemish hurts it. Still though, two all-pros, a solid rotational DL,  a good starting caliber RB, and two quality depth players in Sharpe and Sims counts for arguably the best draft that year.

Yeah, looks like JRob knocked both drafts out the park.

Compare those drafts to Ruston Webster's drafts(12-15), if anyone wants a good laugh.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/oti/draft.htm

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Funny to see the different types of videos and tweets shared between this thread and the Bucs thread. If I stayed in here, you'd think we'd owned them every rep. If you read the Bucs thread, you'd think the Titans didn't even show up.

Everything I read was that our DBs really, really struggled yesterday. Think they performed much better yesterday, with Adoree obviously being the best player on the field.

Saturday does have me intrigued more now than 2 days ago. Not that Sat means anything for wins and losses but after 2 days of practicing the 2 teams seem to want to go after eachother pretty good so I think Saturday Night we should see a few nice hits and battles. 

PK tried asking JPP about what he thought of Lewan and JPP didn’t say anything other than go look at the film. Sounds like he means Lewan wasn’t anything special so I would expect those guys to go at it pretty good Sat night.

Evans still provides a great test for us. The guys massive I’m curious to see who the Titans throw on him. I’m assuming it will be Butler but I would like to see Adoree on him to see how he does

Archived