Training Camp Thread

Titans fan 617

9 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Yeah, I'm sure there are other examples of guys on other teams who didn't work out... but thinking in more internal terms... he may be the worst of our horrible 2nd round picks.  Henry, Troupe, Calico, etc...  more than a decade of mostly misery in the 2nd round... and he may be the worst of that bunch. 

Dang, he beat Chris Henry as worst pick. Dang that's a new standard of low.   lol

21 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Dang, he beat Chris Henry as worst pick. Dang that's a new standard of low.   lol

I was a huge fan of Henry's... may have had visions of Bo running over and through everyone. So first shot I get to remove him from that "throne" and i'm jumping all over it

6 hours ago, grizzans3222 said:

Just waiting for us to scoop up Dez

Ya I’m still in the Dez or Maclin boat we need another good veteran in here. As I keep saying it’s just hard to depend on Taylor and Sharpe right now. Maybe they prove me wrong which is what I want to happen but I’m just not sure they will

2 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

So is Lewan showing up Thursday? Only reason I ask is Julio Jones and Earl Thomas both reiterated they won’t show but OBJ ended up showing and we havnt heard anything on Lewan

Highly doubt he shows up to TC practices when he missed the last day or two of the OTAs. I expect him to holdout until a deal is reached.

7 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Highly doubt he shows up to TC practices when he missed the last day or two of the OTAs. I expect him to holdout until a deal is reached.

You could be right Brady and Gronk held out on those too but are both showing just an observation 

57 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I know we signed Logan but I’m still holding out hope for signing Hankins. Front 3 of Casey, Hankins, and Jones would be dominant against the run. Then having King, Johnson, and Logan battling for the 2nd string spots.

I’ll pass I’m ready to see what we have in Austin Johnson. I’m glad Dodd is gone I can’t stand mentally soft football players

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I’ll pass I’m ready to see what we have in Austin Johnson. I’m glad Dodd is gone I can’t stand mentally soft football players

I wouldn’t pass I just don’t have faith in Johnson and Jones to play consistently enough to get to the QB. We were thin on D-Line before Dodd got released I would look into Hankins since we just missed out on Barwin. 

21 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I wouldn’t pass I just don’t have faith in Johnson and Jones to play consistently enough to get to the QB. We were thin on D-Line before Dodd got released I would look into Hankins since we just missed out on Barwin. 

Well I mean it’s not Jones or Johnson’s job to get to the QB. Hell, both likely won’t even be on the field in most passing down situations. Same goes for Hankins if he was signed. They’re not pass-rushers or really have that ability. I just want Hankins because I think he’s an upgrade over any of our DL except Casey. Hankins would be a big part in helping stop the run. Our best bet for an improved pass-rush is that Landry and Evans are a big part of it. Plus hopefully the “improved” secondary gives the pass-rush more time to get to the QB. I’m hoping to see a package of Casey as the only DL up front with 5 LBs behind him in Morgan, Orakpo, Evans, Landry, and Woodyard. If we can’t get a pass-rush with that, well it’ll be a long season....

9 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Well I mean it’s not Jones or Johnson’s job to get to the QB. Hell, both likely won’t even be on the field in most passing down situations. Same goes for Hankins if he was signed. They’re not pass-rushers or really have that ability. I just want Hankins because I think he’s an upgrade over any of our DL except Casey. Hankins would be a big part in helping stop the run. Our best bet for an improved pass-rush is that Landry and Evans are a big part of it. Plus hopefully the “improved” secondary gives the pass-rush more time to get to the QB. I’m hoping to see a package of Casey as the only DL up front with 5 LBs behind him in Morgan, Orakpo, Evans, Landry, and Woodyard. If we can’t get a pass-rush with that, well it’ll be a long season....

Well someone has to start getting to the QB can’t just be LBs. 

Either way I’d still like Hankins we need bodies 

Archived