Training Camp Thread

Titans fan 617

Simon was decent last year for the Colts, and it seems the biggest reason he was cut is he doesn't fit as well at 4-3 DE. I would certainly take him over the depth guys in Finch and Wallace. I mean maybe they become good but they're just gigantic unknowns at this point. Or maybe keep those two and cut a guy like Firsker or Stocker.

Simon is very quality depth and as a starter isn't gonna be a liability.

Seems Colts fans like him a good deal too(in a 3-4 anyway):

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/9/2/17811544/cutting-john-simon-makes-sense-for-the-colts-hear-me-out

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Simon was decent last year for the Colts, and it seems the biggest reason he was cut is he doesn't fit as well at 4-3 DE. I would certainly take him over the depth guys in Finch and Wallace. I mean maybe they become good but they're just gigantic unknowns at this point. Or maybe keep those two and cut a guy like Firsker or Stocker.

Simon is very quality depth and as a starter isn't gonna be a liability.

Seems Colts fans like him a good deal too(in a 3-4 anyway):

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/9/2/17811544/cutting-john-simon-makes-sense-for-the-colts-hear-me-out

I'd rather keep Finch over Wallace. He showed more in a few weeks than Wallace and Carraway have to date. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think Wallace can play both inside and outside lb. Making him a good keep. 

We are pretty filled up at ILB, and Correa can technically fill that role as well. I just think Finch has higher upside and value as a situational pass rusher than Wallace brings at anything. 

1 hour ago, VY said:

I'd rather keep Finch over Wallace. He showed more in a few weeks than Wallace and Carraway have to date. 

Splitting hairs over what would be the 6th olb... Wallace was a standout last offseason lee Finch was this past month... but neither is in line for heavy defensive snaps this season. If I had to choose though, I'd take Wallace's versatility (especially on STs). 

In all honesty, as soon as Morgan and/ or Landry are healthy, I have a feeling we'll be cutting one of them... my money would be on Finch. 

I understand there's a new staff and a different take on the 3-4 scheme,  but we had 3 lobs last year with 580+ snaps. Dodd was 4th with 92... and Wallace was 5th with 18 defensive snaps. 

With Rak, Morgan, Landry, and Correa there, I don't see a lot of defensive snaps for anyone who's there as the STs LBers.

9 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I understand there's a new staff and a different take on the 3-4 scheme,  but we had 3 lobs last year with 580+ snaps. Dodd was 4th with 92... and Wallace was 5th with 18 defensive snaps. 

With Rak, Morgan, Landry, and Correa there, I don't see a lot of defensive snaps for anyone who's there as the STs LBers.

Wasn't Wallace lost for the year in week 1 though? If they didn't trust Dodd, that may be why there were 3 with so many. Wallace may have played a lot more if they felt he had more potential and/or were more comfortable with him.playing than Dodd.

2 minutes ago, Titansfan_13 said:

Wasn't Wallace lost for the year in week 1 though? If they didn't trust Dodd, that may be why there were 3 with so many. Wallace may have played a lot more if they felt he had more potential and/or were more comfortable with him.playing than Dodd.

And this year I think the staff is going to be comfortable 4 deep, once everyone is healthy. I don't see many snaps available for the 5th OLb behind those 4... making Wallace's versatility on STs the deciding factor here...

16 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

And this year I think the staff is going to be comfortable 4 deep, once everyone is healthy. I don't see many snaps available for the 5th OLb behind those 4... making Wallace's versatility on STs the deciding factor here...

I would agree they are comfortable going 4 deep. However, depending on how they view Finch's potential, we could see him mixed in as well. Can never have enough capable pass rushers today, so they may find a way to keep him if they like him.

Archived