Training Camp Thread

Titans fan 617

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Damn, I liked Smith in that 5th spot... looked like super depth...

At least they're now focusing on the lack of depth on the DL... what about Klug though. We need the 5th and 6th guys there too. Next up better be WR... but unlike DL, we need a guy who can start outside if Davis or Matthews miss time....

Klug is a coach for a high school in Franklin now. Might be done with playing, cause I can't imagine he wasn't given offers.

6 hours ago, Titans_Matt said:

I mean I haven't missed a home game in 3 years, but have never attended a training camp. It just isn't something that draws my interest, personally. I don't think anyone should ever be upset of attendance at training camp lol that seems like such a silly thing to get mad over.

I don't think it's a necessity to go, but when you're a team that has really, really struggled with getting the city to embrace the franchise, having a respectable turnout for open practices would give me a little confidence that things are on the upswing in that regard. I know that, in the end, it probably has no bearing on anything though. I've gone through this with a lot of you guys before, I'm from Green Bay and have lived my entire life in Wisconsin, so my experience in terms of fan support here vs. when I head to Nashville is just a bit tough. Packers just sold 78,000 tickets (that yes, legitimately cost money) for a practice this coming Saturday.

14 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I don't think it's a necessity to go, but when you're a team that has really, really struggled with getting the city to embrace the franchise, having a respectable turnout for open practices would give me a little confidence that things are on the upswing in that regard. I know that, in the end, it probably has no bearing on anything though. I've gone through this with a lot of you guys before, I'm from Green Bay and have lived my entire life in Wisconsin, so my experience in terms of fan support here vs. when I head to Nashville is just a bit tough. Packers just sold 78,000 tickets (that yes, legitimately cost money) for a practice this coming Saturday.

Give us a full century’s worth of rich history, 4 super bowl titles, and arguably the best quarterback in pro football and there’s your 78K. 

But I do agree somewhat. The Titans’ arbitrary “presence” in Nashville has been kind of pathetic since the turn of the decade, especially when you consider how the city has embraced the Predators franchise and formulated an entire “smashville” subculture around it in a city that has about as much in common with hockey as it does cricket. 

A lot of that blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the Titans organization, more specifically a Mr. K.S. “Bud” Adams, for doing a pretty piss poor job of getting involved/connecting with the city. 

23 minutes ago, ShupacTakur said:

Give us a full century’s worth of rich history, 4 super bowl titles, and arguably the best quarterback in pro football and there’s your 78K. 

But I do agree somewhat. The Titans’ arbitrary “presence” in Nashville has been kind of pathetic since the turn of the decade, especially when you consider how the city has embraced the Predators franchise and formulated an entire “smashville” subculture around it in a city that has about as much in common with hockey as it does cricket. 

A lot of that blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the Titans organization, more specifically a Mr. K.S. “Bud” Adams, for doing a pretty piss poor job of getting involved/connecting with the city. 

Oh yeah, I'm well aware that comparing the Titans to the Packers is entirely unfair to the city of Nashville. There's also the fact that it's a reasonably small city with limited things to do beyond drinking and supporting the Packers. 

I definitely agree with that last part. Particularly under Bud, even from a distance, you just didn't see much of an effort to connect with the state/city. I think AAS has made a far better effort of things since taking over, but obviously it takes a lot more than a few years to build a culture. Between hosting the draft and potentially developing into a reasonably consistent, competent organization, I'm sure that will bring more eyes to the team. Especially if Amy and Robinson continue to do a good job of embracing the fans.

As I said, I'm not panicking because of low fan turnout in TC. But I'm not going to blame PK for noting it, because I do think it's at least semi-notable.

26 minutes ago, ShupacTakur said:

I agree with much of what you said but Amy is doing something about the lack of involvement that Bud exhibited. 

8 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

It was still a Don move to fire the coach that helped turned things around ?

he deserved to be fired for things he said at the end I’m just shocked she actually pulled the plug on him

That is one thing that has drastically changed in the ownership transition. Trust in the actual 'football' people. That move doesn't happen in a million years under Bud IMO. 

Archived