Training Camp Thread

Titans fan 617

1 hour ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Not training camp related, but does anyone think Ryan Day wishes he would have taken the Titans OC job in hindsight? I feel like NFL OC carries a bit more security than interim coach at a program elbow deep in a DV/Title IX scandal despite the talent. Also did we dodge a media circus bullet by having him pass on us?

Thought about that on the drive in.  The whole staff could be wiped out....or  he could be elevated to Interim OC.  One route is bound to happen when/if Urban is gone.

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Thought about that on the drive in.  The whole staff could be wiped out....or  he could be elevated to Interim OC.  One route is bound to happen when/if Urban is gone.

Day has already been named interim HC. Its a big deal on the radio because after the UT/Schiano fiasco, UT fans find it funny that OSU chose Day to be the interim over Schaino after all the backlash they received.

14 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Day has already been named interim HC. Its a big deal on the radio because after the UT/Schiano fiasco, UT fans find it funny that OSU chose Day to be the interim over Schaino after all the backlash they received.

OH ok, well Maybe he made the right career choice.  
Being a Conspiracy Theorist, maybe Day released the info.  lol

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

OH ok, well Maybe he made the right career choice.  
Being a Conspiracy Theorist, maybe Day released the info.  lol

I doubt it... I look at this scandal like the one at Baylor. Nobody survived that. The interim coach was an outside guy who lasted one year, and both the OC and DC were gone after that season. If its true that ALL the assistant coach wives knew about the abuse, its virtually certain that the assistant coaches knew as well. And if that's true, its a 'culture' issue and you can't just hire Urban's most promising assistant to assume his spot long term. You gotta wipe the whole slate clean after this season. Entirely new staff. So I greatly doubt Day ends up as the long term coach there.

On a side note, assuming Lefluer tears it up as a OC this year and is on HC radars next year, and Day is let go in a full staff purge. we might wind up with a Ryan Day led offense in 2019 anyway.

One thing that I was low key concerned about this offseason was losing Steve Watterson as our S&C Coach. We'd had an incredible run of health for the most part over the last few years with no major injuries, and now we've had 2 ACL tears and a few other injuries to guys like Orakpo and Evans that we still don't know the full extent of in one week of camp.  We have one of the most talented teams we've ever had this year on paper, and I really hope that all that we have built doesn't get derailed because of an injury trend.  

I also love how often we're putting Landry up against Lewan. He's definitely losing most of the battles, but between the experience of facing an elite NFL left tackle 1-on-1 and Taylor giving him pointers on how he's beating him, it could only be beneficial in the long run.

Archived