Training Camp Thread

Titans fan 617

11 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I also love how often we're putting Landry up against Lewan. He's definitely losing most of the battles, but between the experience of facing an elite NFL left tackle 1-on-1 and Taylor giving him pointers on how he's beating him, it could only be beneficial in the long run.

Orakpo being out right now, is a slight blessing in disguise. All these extra reps against the 1s, for Landry, will certainly pay dividends in the long run.

I've already seen that the last few practices, he's had at least one "sack", so it's already beginning.

Speaking of players being out, the lack of info on injuries borders on infuriating at times. Apparently Evans isn't practicing because of the heat? lmao I bet.

I can understand coaches trying to hide injury info during the regular season, but during training camp? why?

While I get doing situational practice for the open fan stadium practice isn't ideal, you know what would win fans over, continued team success.

If we make another deep playoff run, I doubt there will be many who complain about a practice back in August as to why they don't support the team.

I went today, and it wasn't a scrimmage type of practice that would appeal to the majority of the fan base, but I actually enjoyed seeing us work on situational drills. At least now I've seen with my two eyes that we've worked on important things that will come up in games.  The heat was excruciating, but it is what it is at this point in the summer. I actually met Vrabel after practice, and he was even complaining about the heat lol. 

I came away very impressed with Deontay Burnett today.  I'd say he was the most consistent receiver outside of Davis today. I'd be surprised if he doesn't make the team. Marcus was constantly looking Corey's way when he was out there. I think he already sees him as a security blanket which was really nice to see. We barely ran the ball at all today, so I can't really say anything about Henry/Dion.  Blaine Gabbert was also pleasantly surprising today. He was zipping some balls in there and making some nice throws.  Secondary looked very disciplined and sound out there.  You can already tell Coombs is really hammering those guys on technique, and it seems to be working. 

With Decker signing with NEP (I had secretly targeted him as my top choice to bring in at wr at this point)... I would turn my attention to Lafell asap.  

Apparently he's been a great mentor to the young guys in Cincy, so he could help with Taylor and someone like Burnett... he's flexible, playing about a third of his snaps from the slot... he's a good locker room guy,  and would have no problems being the #3 wr... he could start if one of our starters goes down. He's also been consistently productive,  averaging 12 starts,  57 rec, 720 yards, and 4 tds his past 4 seasons with NEP and Cincy. Take away that half season he missed and his averages improve to 62/780. Also, aside from that 2015 season he's started all 16 games since he became a starter in 2013.

Davis, Matthew's, Lafell, Taylor, Campanaro, Burnett looks great to me...

Here's a great article on his teammates reaction to him being cut... https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/8/3/17644888/bengals-wide-receivers-react-to-brandon-lafells-release-while-readying-to-step-up

"Just the selflessness he had to always help me out, that’s something I’ll always remember, and just the person that he is and the character he has."

...The group admits that it will not be easy to replace LaFell. “He knew every spot on the offense and you could plug him in anywhere,” said Green.

Not many players can handle such an all-encompassing role on an offense physically or mentally. “You don’t replace Brandon LaFell with one guy,” said Erickson.

30 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm a little slow this year to get my football mojo going but this first game is the kickstart I need. 

Can't wait

It's funny because I've now seen you and @titans0021 say something similar to this. I too feel the same way and people I've interacted with, who are usually all in on football, have said the same. It's weird.

6 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

It's funny because I've now seen you and @titans0021 say something similar to this. I too feel the same way and people I've interacted with, who are usually all in on football, have said the same. It's weird.

We always had to use the off-season to convince ourselves we had a good team. Now we know. 

A little surprised at the variety of opinions by the media about where we are and will finish. 

Most think we will take a step back but a few think the updated offense and additions on Defense will make us a contender. I understand that the Jags are good and the Texans have the GREATEST QB OF ALL TIME returning, so understandably there is a wide open race in the division.

I personally can't wait to see the offense and pray that MM gets his game where most of us think he can get to. I live in DC and the local guys have so much hate for TEN and Marcus, I chalk it up to ignorance since I aasume most of them spend little time watching us, so I hope he has a 6 TD day vs WAS

Archived