Training Camp Thread

Titans fan 617

Just now, TitanLegend said:

There was this as well:

Yea I saw that on twitter too and then some idiot Titan fans thought there was some conspiracy where they were saving Evans.... Saving him from what exactly? Don’t ask but these are some of the morons you can find on Titan twitter.  You’re not saving a rookie who needs all the practice time he can get and it damn sure wasn’t “heat related” either.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24374687/new-york-jets-coach-todd-bowles-criticizes-terrelle-pryor-talking-reporters-injuries

Looks like Vrabel isn't the only one not wanting to talk about injuries.

Also, sounds like we dodged a bullet not signing Pryor. The mess those WA guys were talking and the way they were treating him in the joint practice....wooooof.

The only way undisclosing the injury provides an advantage is if he’s not on the injury report come week 1. If he isn’t, then Miami won’t know what’s been bothering him and won’t be able to test his weak spot. If he is, and Vrabels gone to such measures to keep it hidden, then one may think there’s a little something extra to it which would make him even more of a target. 

Either way, I personally don’t think whatever’s going on with him is that big of a deal and they’re probably over-coddling him because he was our first rounder and they don’t want the same story for his rookie season as Corey’s.

I'm surprise that no team selected Sharif Finch in the draft. I knew nothing about him until a couple weeks ago, but he had the draft profile of a guy that you gamble on with a late round pick. Pretty athletic pass rusher, who was semi productive in college. Also saw that he led the NCAA in career block punts last year with 5.

It'd be pretty wild if we found Dodd's replacement in a rookie UDFA. He has easily risen to the top of my list of guys I've got my eyes on for the remainder of preseason.

Finch looked good, definitely, but he's got some competition. Rak, Morgan, Wallace and Landry are all firmly ahead of him. He'll have to beat Carraway out for that 5th spot... not impossible by any means, but not a given either... but the stiffest competition might be a roster crunch. We started last year with 5 olbs until we sentCarraway down and only went with 4 olbsat the end of the season... Dodd being one of those 4, so you can really only count 3. Hole he continues though, cuz he looked awesome. 

The other guy that really impressed me was Warmsley. He was everywhere and was relentless. He may have an easier path to the roster with only 4 of the 6 DL positions certain. I think Warmsley could pass King on the depth chart and make him work for the 6th spot.

23 hours ago, titans0021 said:

It’s also not a coach’s job to actively annoy fans and media members for absolutely no reason with no actual benefit. Particularly in a city that has a history of struggling with fan support.

If anything, he’s only drawing more attention to the Evans situation with the way he’s handling it.

I'm sure he actually believes there is some advantage to it. I doubt his actual thought process involved the question "How can I annoy the fans and media?"

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Apparently Vrabel said on his show they're gonna work the starters a ton in the two scrimmages with Tampa and we'll be unlikely to see most of them much, if at all on Saturday night in the game.

I'm actually surprise more teams don't do this. Have the majority of starters go against each other in joint practice, then rest them and have young players/backups play the game.

Archived