Most Likely Players to Return?

AkronsWitness

Got to thinking today and realized a lot of the FAs the Browns brought in this summer were either signed to a 1 year deal or have a early team option. It seems like they brought in a bunch of veteran guys on 'prove it' deals to see who they will offer a long term contract to after this years one year try out of sorts. Especially on defense. I think some will stay and some will go but its unclear who that might be.

My question is out of Kendricks, Carrie, Mitchell, Gaines, Hyde, Randall, Fells, Janis, Hubbard, Smith and Taylor---who do you think will be on this Browns roster after the 18/19 season and will be considered apart of the teams future and who do you think is gone after this season?

IMO

Resigned---- Carrie, Randall, Hubbard and Kendricks

Gone---- Mitchell, Gaines, Hyde, Fells, Janis and Taylor

I think Carrie has a strong chance to solidify himself as a legit starting CB opposite Ward.

I think Hubbard is starting on the oline for at least two seasons.

Although Randall wasn't a FA, I believe he makes the pro bowl at FS and gets a long term deal in the off-season.

I think Kendricks ends up taking Collins' job, getting himself a long term deal. Collins ends up cut.

I think Hyde is here only one season, getting Chubbed out of a job. Cut like Collins.

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

I think Carrie has a strong chance to solidify himself as a legit starting CB opposite Ward.

I think Hubbard is starting on the oline for at least two seasons.

Although Randall wasn't a FA, I believe he makes the pro bowl at FS and gets a long term deal in the off-season.

I think Kendricks ends up taking Collins' job, getting himself a long term deal. Collins ends up cut.

I think Hyde is here only one season, getting Chubbed out of a job. Cut like Collins.

I didnt even realize there is a out in Collins contract after this season. Interesting. I however am not nearly as down on him as others are. I know he is getting paid a lot, but its not like we dont have the money or that he is holding up some other deal to get somebody else. Plus, I think with the Browns being better overall now, we will see a more motivated Collins resulting in better play.

The most interesting to me is CB. Ward after this year is the only sure thing on the roster and behind him there is quite a log jam.. It will be really interesting to see what they do if both Carrie/Gaines play up to expectations. Can you pay both? What if BBC has a really nice year again? You have to find a way to get him on the field more and he cant do that if Carrie/Gaines are at #2/#3

39 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I didnt even realize there is a out in Collins contract after this season. Interesting. I however am not nearly as down on him as others are. I know he is getting paid a lot, but its not like we dont have the money or that he is holding up some other deal to get somebody else. Plus, I think with the Browns being better overall now, we will see a more motivated Collins resulting in better play.

The most interesting to me is CB. Ward after this year is the only sure thing on the roster and behind him there is quite a log jam.. It will be really interesting to see what they do if both Carrie/Gaines play up to expectations. Can you pay both? What if BBC has a really nice year again? You have to find a way to get him on the field more and he cant do that if Carrie/Gaines are at #2/#3

I wonder if BBC becomes our FS. He doesn't have the speed for corner but he can sure play football well. He hits and has a nose for the ball, I think he could be another Tashaun Gipson. 

Randall sounds like a head case, id be happy to move on from him after one years play. Aso he doesn't seem to like physical contact that much. 

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I wonder if BBC becomes our FS. He doesn't have the speed for corner but he can sure play football well. He hits and has a nose for the ball, I think he could be another Tashaun Gipson. 

Randall sounds like a head case, id be happy to move on from him after one years play. Aso he doesn't seem to like physical contact that much. 

I agree with you on BBC, buddy. Not so much on Randall.

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

to me if he could've really played FS he would've been there last year if we felt he could be a long term starter

35 minutes ago, brownie man said:

to me if he could've really played FS he would've been there last year if we felt he could be a long term starter

That and you already have Randall/Kindred/Peppers at safety all splitting time with each other. IDK about adding BBC to that mix helps him getting on the field anymore than keeping him as the dime CB.

14 hours ago, MWil23 said:

If any other CB after Ward emerges you pay him. It’s a critical position and you don’t let those guys leave, period.

I believe Dorsey will, especially since he has Ward cheap for 4 more years (3+option). But I fully expect him to let someone somewhat unexpected walk. He's a master of the 1 year prove it deals and getting a comp pick the following year.

If we let Hyde,Collins,Mitchell, and Tretter Walk will be in the top 5 in terms of cap next year as well I believe. 

Resign Kendricks, Keep Carrie, Janis is a stud ST, Hubbard will stay at T, I think Corbett becomes our C of the Future at some point working exclusively with Baker on the two unit 

that leaves us plenty of cap to go after the big fish OBJ, Bell, Barr, possibly Clowney ( I don’t see them Franchise tagging him tbh 

Archived