BDL 2018 Summer Owners Meeting

SirA1

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

We already increase the cap, though @SirA1 or someone else needs to specify the last time we did so (I believe the 15-16 season was set at $165,000).

We already voted to increase the cap either 2 or 2.5% every year. The concern with that is that the league (and its cap space) is growing at a much faster rate than that the 2 or 2.5% rate that we set for the BDL therefore it will start making it harder and harder to keep and/or sign top talent at a comparable contract to their NFL contract. By attaching the salary caps you take the guesswork out of it.

I'm more likely to get behind the trailing year increase. 

I agree with what SirA said in the discussion thread. We don't deal in dead cap and we can sign players for discounts. As far as I can tell the best reason to make it this way is to make it easier to decide on our cap but that's not super compelling to me. 

OK so it looks like the best idea is a 1 year trailing increase in our cap to match the previous years NFL Cap. I would like to get at least 10 Yes votes since this is a serious topic.

Topic 1: Match BDL Salary Cap to previous years' NFL Salary Cap. This would repeal and replace any previous BDL Salary cap formula increases.

Yes (11): Pheltz, Hockey, BCB, Ragnarok, Xmad, Lukic, Dingo, Counselor, JLash, Ruskie, SirA

No (2) - MD4L, Footsy

@Whicker @PR @TedLavie

I went with those in support of the 1 year trailing for the yes votes. Everyone else sound off it you are able to please.

FWIW the difference between what our current 2019 Cap and the new one would only be $2,750 higher.

Archived