Training Camp and Preseason Thread.

onejayhawk

It's finally here. First players reported Sunday afternoon. Let the mind games begin.

Camp Battle: I want to see who will be the LG when the season starts.

Fearless Prediction: Dorian O'Daniel makes some serious waves. The big question will be where and when to use him, not counting Special Teams. 

Who?: Keith Reasor. Drafted 5th round in 2015 by San Fransisco. He has a history of ACL problems, but may be past them.

J

Most of the defensive front is a question mark. Houston, Ragland, and most likely Bailey ... other than that I have no clue. Ford, Kpass, Nnadi, Hitchens, Jones, Speaks ... it may be mix & match throughout the season.

Same with DBs. A huge number of players with few set in stone as starters.

Will be interesting to watch how they line up in preseason. Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two guys being traded off due to positional overkill.

Outside of Mahomes, this may be the least excited that I've been for training camp. I'm still not sold on our rookie class, but hopefully I get proven wrong and they improve the team.

Position wise, I'm looking at LG, CB, and WR. LG is obvious. CB, no one stands out to me. We traded for Fuller who was the best NCB and we're going to ask him to become a #1. I hope it works out, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's growing pains with him there. The rest is pretty average unless someone really steps up. For WR I'm really looking at that #4/5 guy. I believe that Hill, Watkins, and Conley are set at 1-3. But between Robinson, Chesson, DAT, Kemp, Dieter, etc it should be fun to watch throughout the preseason.

Will copy your 3 headers

Camp Battle:  3rd CB/2nd Safety.  These 2 spots could make or break the defense.  Solid play in both this spots could make this a very respectable unit.

Fearless Prediction:  Chris Conley forces us to use more 3 WR sets and less 2 TE.

Who?:   Will Redmond/Leon McQuay.  Not sure if many remember, but I was very high on Redmond predraft, movement skills he’s a first round pick, hopefully he stays healthy long enough to get somewhat of a look at.  McQuay is another personal favorite, like his build and fluidity at the Safety spot.  

It wasn't posted, but Armani Watts was carted off the field yesterday. Updates say it's an ankle issue that will be day to day.

Also, CB Bashaud Breeland is at camp today for a workout. Sources say that the Chiefs don't want him to leave and hope to have him signed pending physical.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Also, CB Bashaud Breeland is at camp today for a workout. Sources say that the Chiefs don't want him to leave and hope to have him signed pending physical.

That would be great news. Spencer Ware restructured his contract, probably to make some room. If it's a reasonable deal i hope he signs. A CB room of Fuller, Breeland, Nelson and Amerson + 1-2 training camp surprises (i'm also thinking about Will Redmond) would make me feel more comfortable.

Archived